1uz into hilux finished

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Thanks. I'm using the stock ecu.

The hilux is a 1990 unleaded model that originally had a 2.4l 22r carby motor.

The 1uz is from a ls400/Celsior .It is a facelift version of the 1uz that came out around 1996 that utilises a hot wire as opposed to Kaman Vortex Air Flow meter and makes around 300 horse at the fly. It looked similar to the early engines, except it had a large plastic cover that fit over the top of the engine that I have removed and the AFM is plastic bodied. It's also running sequential injection, as opposed to pairs.

I'm running crown log headers to a twin 2 1/4" exhaust system with high flow cats and a pace maker H pipe two resonators, electric exhaust cut outs then two pace maker mufflers.

It's bolted up using the castle main rod shop bellhouseing, engine mounts, clutch etc

The gearbox x-member was modified and the box slid forward 35mm the rear drive shaft was lengthened and the front shortened and balanced to suit.

The radiator is a 3-core diesel hilux radiator with twin 9" thermo fans pushing from the front with the air con condenser squeezed in between.

The fuel system is hard lines under the body with efi hose on the joins and a commodore fuel pump.

The intake manifold, rocker covers, headers, thermostat housing and power steer tank are all ceramic coated and the engine covers painted in the same 2pac silver as the rest of the car.

Fuel efficiency wise I get about 320kms to a tank of fuel around 45/50L.

Here are some pictures of the truck before I started work on it in winter last year. After I rolled it in the snow, A a shot ofn the motor when I first got it.

WOw that truck has a little history behind it, hehe. I would have done the same thing except you should have put a roll cage in it! But you probably don't drive it near as fast now that it's too nice to take risks with like before. Thanks for posting all your mods and info.

How do you get on with the twin 9 inch fans? To avoid cutting things they look like the best option for me too but do they do the job? I'm running the same radiator as you but have a TJM front bar to contend with.

hey 961

what diff ratio u got

thats pretty shitty fuel economy for a manual gbox
i get thet with my auto

im starting to see that changing diff ratios has alot to do on fuel economy
i went form 4.3 to 3.7 lsd
i should have gone to 4.1
my tank is 50lt too

i just managed to fit a 16 in spal fan
works good

The twin 9" fans work great, I have only been over 100 degrees on the sand dunes on a hot still day, and really putting my foot down, I am going make a custom radiator when I have time and money.

Sideshow I'm using the standard diff ratios that I think for the 4x4 might be 4.875:1, I do around about 3400rpm at 110 on the freeway, so they could use being changed, maybe when the funds allow it.

Man, that would have to be the tidiest 1uz install I have seen on a 4x4! Are the crown manifolds coated or polished?