1UZ-FE project into a minivan

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

guyver280z

Hopefully the minivan part caught your attention, lol

I have a 91 Toyota Previa drifting van with a literally "ill" 2.4lt 4 banger which is not enough for proper drifting (neither is the minivan but I like the challenge)

So I wanted to keep it on the Toyota family so I got a 1UZ-FE out of a 1994 SC400 and I'm mating it to my G58 transmission (seems to be the same as W and there's adapters for 1UZ to W trannys, right??) I am planning to cut the floor of the van behind the seats to make the V8 fit behind the seats.

My question is, can I run the engine with the stock ECU without needing any of the other hundred ECU's that came on those cars? Also if I want to go stand alone, which ECU would you guys recommend?? I might add turbos eventually so I'd like to get something that will work in the future.

For those non believers here's the Van's page

http://www.facebook.com/TofuDriftVan

I used to say this was the NSX of the minivans, but if I get that Lexus V8 in there I'll call it the LFA of the minivans, lol

Thanks a lot!!! I'll appreciate all the help!!

driftvan19.jpg

The van conversion definately got my attention, but do yourself a favor and ditch the G series transmission. It will not hold up at all. Plus if you use a w series adaptor you have to customize it to work.
as for the ecu it's pretty much independant of all the othere systems which makes it an easy swap in terms of wiring.

The van conversion definately got my attention, but do yourself a favor and ditch the G series transmission. It will not hold up at all. Plus if you use a w series adaptor you have to customize it to work.
as for the ecu it's pretty much independant of all the othere systems which makes it an easy swap in terms of wiring.

Thanks a lot!!! Well, one of the reasons I'm keeping my transmission is because of the shifter linkage, I don't know if I can adapt this to a different transmission and since the tranny is going to be way in the back I can't have a shifter just attached to it like on an R154. So far I'm just going to use the stock 1UZ and this vans were made for light towing so I assume the gearbox could hold a bit more of power specially after lightweighting by stripping the interiors.

What else do you suggest??

Last time I checked a r154 is a good bit shorter than a g58. and a w58 is the same length....

Yeah but my van is a mid engine (engine is under the front seats) and I'm going to install the V8 behind the front seats so the transmission is going to be moved a lot further to the back.

Yeah but my van is a mid engine (engine is under the front seats) and I'm going to install the V8 behind the front seats so the transmission is going to be moved a lot further to the back.

You could always put your seat in the middle of the van lol. That would be quite funny to see.