1000rwhp

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

JBrady

1000rwhp is seemingly common BUT it really is not. The big power Supra's are VERY impressive but of course respond like an on off switch with very little low end with those enormous turbos used.

Here is a graph of a V8 with relatively small twin turbos (GT35s) making 965rwhp.

Look at the torque curve.

440 @ 2000rpm
550 @ 2500rpm
700 @ 3000rpm
940 @ 3500rpm
1000+ @ 3700rpm

Tires were spinning on the dyno dipping the measured torque below 1000 but back there by 4700rpm.

This engine dyno'd 1014 @ 14.5psi boost.
At LOW boost of 6psi it made 660rwhp

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-...-pump-gas-low-boost-aps-c6z-dyno-numbers.html

5n86xi.jpg

TT%20427%20LSX.jpg

660= 6#s
760=8#s
800=10#s
830=11.5#s

Attachments

• SCEngine1.JPG
    SCEngine1.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 206
  • SCEngine3.jpg
    SCEngine3.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 8
Like I've always said, "MOST" 1000whp Supra's are nothing more then dyno queens and thats it...

The above graphs show what a real High HP engine should be like.

I'd love to see what the graph would look like and what peak numbers would be if it wasn't slipping the wheels.... For nearly 1000rpm's, its slipping on the rollers so my guess is that it was actually making more then the specified 1015.72lb/ft of torque that the graph shows...

Even the first run at 1003 shows the wheels slipping and the following graph shows 815 with no splippage looking at the graph. My guess is that the car / rollers only has enough traction to hold maybe 950 lb/ft of torque consistantly bases on the first graph showing it regaining traction at the low 900's range at around 4400rpm....

David, one thing to note about its very high numbers for such low boost is that its a built LSx engine and it doesn't specify the displacement so I'd venture to guess that its been pushed to the limit of the LSx which is just over 500cid (IIRC).... Remember, more displacement = more power at a lower boost level.... The other thing is Im pretty sure that its pretty high compression with a decent amount of timing being that the 14.5 psi runs are said to be on race gas not pump gas. The other part that does make is amazing is that its said to be running stock LS7 heads but the LS7 head is not your run of the mill LS head either.

No matter what though, still impressive......

Not bad for a chebbie...... and I'm no fan of pushrod motors.

I'll bet if they sort out the wheelspin issue and really hook it up, that monster will have enough torque to break the Dynojet (or something in its own drivetrain.)

I knew I should have gone the LS route!

A more compact engine and more power.

But I wouldn't know all you good guys and I do like some sophisticated technology.

yeah but at the end of the day guys, the LS has more torque, more capacity with the same RPM limit so it SHOULD make more power.

very very impressive numbers - regardless of the engine - esp considering it's throughout the rev range. with some big, sticky tyres it may even be useable!!!!

horses for courses. a 4.0L V8 making the same power as a modded fivepointoh is still good, and has it's place.

LS's are good engines, designed right from the beginning and you don't need strokers or fancy heads or stronger internals to make good power - just like a UZ.

Not to disregard the Supra, but a 1000 rwhp Supra with a correct launch could run 10 seconds for 1/4 mile. Anyway, a 14 lbs of boost seem to double the stock hp of most NA-T engines. It's also the same for the 1UZ. So if that Vette has around 400- 450 rwhp NA, then that 1000 rwhp seems possible. I just need to have its stock rwhp.

At 16* he's running quite high compression.. Also note he has a meth kit installed so it is running on some methanol or octane booster..
A well built 6.0 can easy make 1000 h.p..
Being LS7 its bigger than that..
Why always bring up the 2J supra ?? To compare??
An engine half the size then should be great making 500 ??
Which the 1JGTE engine is..
That sort of power in a street car would be hopeless anyway..
One good part about turbo's is power can be trimmed..

Why do you think I jumped to the LSX forums for the past couple of years? No offense to Lextreme.com, but I was just in awe when I would race some of the built LS1, LS3 and LS7 powered cars. Oh, and when I first saw a few turbo'd LSx's they were down right scary fast..

Supra's can't compare in most cases..

For the combination of power, speed and money spent it's all about the LSx engines as far as I am concerned. Bigger is better for power.

Reliability, engineering, and design it's all about this forum and the UZ's. Still love the UZ motors too, don't get me wrong.. I can now intellegently speak about any of the LSx engines with confidence.. 1uz-fe's too...

I just need to have its stock rwhp.

Yeah, no joke. :)

> 400 hp is always nice to have.

PS: Now I know why all of you guys go for LSD's. My right rear Falken Azenis tire is almost TOAST and I haven't even gone through an oil change yet since buying the tires. I don't run the car hard at all (it's totally stock too), as it's my daily driver but it has trouble not spinning the rear at times.

Attachments

• Camera down load august 17 042.jpg
    Camera down load august 17 042.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 47
  • Camera down load august 17 046.jpg
    Camera down load august 17 046.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 18
  • Camera down load august 17 052.jpg
    Camera down load august 17 052.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 16
  • Camera down load august 17 053.jpg
    Camera down load august 17 053.jpg