Recent content by skid

1. S

Trade LS400 Engine in UK available immediately

This is now SOLD - thanks for looking
  2. S

The current bidder tried contacting me directly to buy it for £150. He was a bit arsey with me because I wouldn't sell it immediately at that price becasue I know it's definately worth more. He was trying to get a quick buy/bargain I think, but also don't think he had much more budget than...
  3. S

Project Thread Can anyone identify this Classic?

As above really. I think it's lovely. It's obviously been re-worked but it's not a model I'm familiar with in the UK. I think loads were imported into Australia but not Europe. I remember this from asking this question before ......I've just can't find that thread now ;) If you can identify...
  4. S

Hi all, I have a spare complete LS400 engine all in 1 piece with torque convertor Engine bay loom with all connectors, alternator and engine mounts. This is the earlier engine with the stronger con rods so is the one to have!!! I bought a number of these which I organised a 'group buy' for a...
  5. S

Porsche 944 and Mercedes 280SE, 1969 covernsion

nope! Are you doing the same? Let me know if you are as would be interested in splitting some of the engineering costs associated with it. Better to both do that rather than incur 100% costs each. M
  6. S

Porsche 944 and Mercedes 280SE, 1969 covernsion

All still in bits on my garage floor I'm afraid. To be honest I think it's possible but I'm going to need some professional help in linking the 2 and that means £££ and they're in short supply at the moment. I'd be interested if you've done anything similar? Mark
  7. S

China Vs. USA

Sorry guys I didn't mean to cause a fight and I'm nor being anti yank, but you can't shy away from blatant cynical manipulation of results by your media. Now I really appreciate Jake's post because it is an enlightened response that shows some maturity and is adult enough constructively...
  8. S

China Vs. USA

ummm... sorry Matey have to disagree. USA is not in the lead using your figures. USA may have more medals (65) than China (61), but that's a rigged count. Tables must be set by numbers of Gold, ie first place. Therefore China is literally pissing over the rest of the world with 35 Golds...
  9. S

China Vs. USA

Needless to say everyone in the UK are absolutely totally impressed with Team GB. Punching well above their weight. I think most in the world realise that the top 2 in the medals table will always be China and USA due to the sheer numbers of population to draw from. For the rest of us I guess...
  10. S

Porting intake manifold, larger tb vs. itb's

For me this is probably one of the most interesting threads on Lextreme, but it seems to have died a death? Anyone any updates on porting, port matching and short inlet runner experiments? I'm currently buying 2 Hayabusa TB sets and am doing some measurements and guess work on getting them...
  11. S

Dura Fix Aluminum Brazing Product

Errr.. does anyone think it can be used for inlet manifold construction???? I wonder........
  12. S

Down under friends help please on Isuzu Pickup advice

Hello Brothers. Some assistance from south of the equator please. We've got a Isuzu 4 door pickup/ute 2003 3litre Turbo Diesel Auto in the family company and are looking at buying it off the books for private use. It was an Import car to the UK from Australasia area and is not on general...
  13. S

Mythbusters - Name that car!

Rodders old chap, to be fair I wasn't interested in the show, just the car and I thought it was a US domestic Coupe with Japanese style trim. As for global shows, I'm glad Top Gear was brought up by someone else as bit my lip and resisted the temptation to post here first about the American...
  14. S

Mythbusters - Name that car!

www.turbocreations.com/corona/feature.html Look at the '67 Coronas here! There's a lovely few Coupes on here, one with a 4ag and some other with decent aftermarket wheels. Cool. Thanks Superunner. Isn't it just crying out for a 1UZ! cheers Mark