99 vvti swap, e30 bmw, no power under load

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

kyle55553

Ive gotten the wiring diagrams from Kelvin from the cartune company. and wired up as much as i could. its slightly different than his diagram, but all my (B+,BM+,OCR+, etc). is wired. only things that arent wired up to the ecu are stuff from the traction ecu, and oem shifter assembly.

Ive sent him a few emails but its been almost a week and a half and havent heard back so i figured ive give you guys at the forums a shot.

ECU is immobilized deleted from ALL4SWAP
motor is JDM a import as far as I know, im running the auto trans, never been unmated from the engine.
only have the main 02 sensors connected, tried splicing them to clear the sub 02 codes but it only made all 4 codes come on. not sure what thats about.
i dont have any transmission modules (shifter, abs/trac ecu) so i only can wire the shifter switch that is on the trans to the main ecu.
i have a aftermarket intake with a gs300(?) MAF mount that i took from the junkyard, with a new MAF sensor from the auto parts store.
custom headers with main 02s in the collectors.

car fires up and idles fairly well no out of the ordinary issues present.
does have a slight ticking from the drivers side bank, but from other research it sounds like it might be normal for this motor.

motor will rev to the moon in park
but on the road it falls flat on its face at about 2k rpms, feels like misfiring.

I tried up disconnecting my MAF or AFM and all a sudden it has power in the low rpms, but once I hit a certain rpm about 3.5k(i dont have a tach yet) the motor acts like a rev limiter and bounces the rpms. does it in every gear, still revs fine in park.
I check the wiring and traced it all to the ecu and according to kelvin's pinout and maf wiring diagram its wired correctly.

these are the codes i have grounding out the TC pin and the W light flashing.

(i wired the fc and fpr pins to leds to convince them they are running relays like they are supposed to but it came back on after driving around, might be just my quick wiring that rattled loose once or twice while driving though)

checked my fuel pressure and it's consistently 61 psi under load and at idle.

replaced a coil I though might be a culprit.

all spark plugs replaced

tried making it wired like a manual with 12v to N pin. and the shifter 12v unplugged.. no change.
not sure if I'm missing something or the trans is limiting me some how still.

at this point I'm not sure if I have it wired up enough or I'm seeing a mechanical problem.

next idea I have is to compression test all cylinders

Any thoughts? im pretty much stumped.

Ive gotten the wiring diagrams from Kelvin from the cartune company. and wired up as much as i could. its slightly different than his diagram, but all my (B+,BM+,OCR+, etc). is wired. only things that arent wired up to the ecu are stuff from the traction ecu, and oem shifter assembly.

Ive sent him a few emails but its been almost a week and a half and havent heard back so i figured ive give you guys at the forums a shot.

ECU is immobilized deleted from ALL4SWAP
motor is JDM a import as far as I know, im running the auto trans, never been unmated from the engine.
only have the main 02 sensors connected, tried splicing them to clear the sub 02 codes but it only made all 4 codes come on. not sure what thats about.
i dont have any transmission modules (shifter, abs/trac ecu) so i only can wire the shifter switch that is on the trans to the main ecu.
i have a aftermarket intake with a gs300(?) MAF mount that i took from the junkyard, with a new MAF sensor from the auto parts store.
custom headers with main 02s in the collectors.

car fires up and idles fairly well no out of the ordinary issues present.
does have a slight ticking from the drivers side bank, but from other research it sounds like it might be normal for this motor.

motor will rev to the moon in park
but on the road it falls flat on its face at about 2k rpms, feels like misfiring.

I tried up disconnecting my MAF or AFM and all a sudden it has power in the low rpms, but once I hit a certain rpm about 3.5k(i dont have a tach yet) the motor acts like a rev limiter and bounces the rpms. does it in every gear, still revs fine in park.
I check the wiring and traced it all to the ecu and according to kelvin's pinout and maf wiring diagram its wired correctly.

these are the codes i have grounding out the TC pin and the W light flashing.

(i wired the fc and fpr pins to leds to convince them they are running relays like they are supposed to but it came back on after driving around, might be just my quick wiring that rattled loose once or twice while driving though)

checked my fuel pressure and it's consistently 61 psi under load and at idle.

replaced a coil I though might be a culprit.

all spark plugs replaced

tried making it wired like a manual with 12v to N pin. and the shifter 12v unplugged.. no change.
not sure if I'm missing something or the trans is limiting me some how still.

at this point I'm not sure if I have it wired up enough or I'm seeing a mechanical problem.

next idea I have is to compression test all cylinders

Any thoughts? im pretty much stumped.
Your fuel pressure is way too high. Typically it should be around 3 bar (40 - 44psi)
I would also check the firing order and test the plug leads aren't open circuit.
Check its running on all cylinders by pulling the plug leads or injector cap one at a time and look for it to stumble.
Check rotors and distributor caps for wear and cracks.
A comp test is always a good idea if you have the time with the plugs out.
Also check the ignition timimg. Its handy to know comp figures and where the timing is sitting at.

Your fuel pressure is way too high. Typically it should be around 3 bar (40 - 44psi)
I would also check the firing order and test the plug leads aren't open circuit.
Check its running on all cylinders by pulling the plug leads or injector cap one at a time and look for it to stumble.
Check rotors and distributor caps for wear and cracks.
A comp test is always a good idea if you have the time with the plugs out.
Also check the ignition timimg. Its handy to know comp figures and where the timing is sitting at.
I saw a video on glovermans YouTube he said he runs a 58psi fuel reg on the vvti's he does. i might try lowering it a bit and just see what happens though..
and this one has coil on plug so I think the firing order shouldn't be a issue. but I will make sure all the coils and plugs are firing I haven't done that yet.