Using Urathane for engine mounts

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Is 1/2" bolt adequate for that application? I like that design and may do something similar, but will be beating my 4Runner off road once the 1UZ is fitted and want some extra beef.

You can go bigger if you want, but probably wont need it.. I built a set very similar to the design that Im using in my car (same 1/2" bolt bushings) for a 1500hp drag mustang and they have see over 35 passes at the track with not a single problem to date.... Just dont use a cheap grade bolt.

Ok, let me make sure I've got this correct here. You have a 95 SC400 with the stock motor in it and you just want something to replace the stock rubber mounts? So this is not for some swap project correct?
yeah this is a 95 sc400 that i am doing a single turbo install on,so the engine is for that car,stock mount positions,i just broke my mounts taking the engine out,and the car has 300,000 miles on it,so since i have the engine out,and going turbo,i would like to upgrade the mounts to ether solid or ? what ever you guys can help me with would help.......i guess i will be using the upper cast part of the mount,it's just the solid rubber part that broke....the trans mount i will not be needingjust the two side engine mounts....thanks for your interest in helping me so far man...

yeah this is a 95 sc400 that i am doing a single turbo install on,so the engine is for that car,stock mount positions,i just broke my mounts taking the engine out,and the car has 300,000 miles on it,so since i have the engine out,and going turbo,i would like to upgrade the mounts to ether solid or ? what ever you guys can help me with would help.......i guess i will be using the upper cast part of the mount,it's just the solid rubber part that broke....the trans mount i will not be needingjust the two side engine mounts....thanks for your interest in helping me so far man...

I was gonna try to PM you but you must have it turned off. Try to PM me or turn your PM on... I need to talk to you about it and exchange some information to make this happen if you want it to.

I was gonna try to PM you but you must have it turned off. Try to PM me or turn your PM on... I need to talk to you about it and exchange some information to make this happen if you want it to.
hey,i am a complete idot when it comes to this forum...i can't figure out how to turn on the pm function,post pics or anything...i can give you a call or you can call me at 865-258-0005 anytime my name is eddie

On street cars I find fitting an extra support on left side engine mount helps heaps.. The engine tends to lift that side.. So a fabricating some steel movement limiting brackets helps keep mounts alive..Stops engine turning at drags also.. Which can lead to embarrasing bonnet / hood issues.. In some cases a small strong bolt [rod bolt] can be used.. With plenty of [6mm or so] clearance ..

This is definitely a good idea! [You guys rule...] Really interested in this for my TT V8 6spd...

Attachments

• 16 Clear front.jpg
    16 Clear front.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 229
  • 17 Dash base.jpg
    17 Dash base.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 226
  • 18 Gauge surround.jpg
    18 Gauge surround.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 224
  • 19 Gauge surround sitting in place.jpg
    19 Gauge surround sitting in place.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 225
  • 20 Drivers position.jpg
    20 Drivers position.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 228
Here are some drawings of the mounts I am currently making. I have opted to use larger Urethene Mounts. I selected the 1.5" dia working surface, I will use the Energy Suspension Black due to it is self lubricating but otherwise has all the same properties as the red.
Here is a stock mount
stock.jpg
Her is what I am making, These should be a 100% stock bolt in. Note you have to offset the upper stud to keep it all in line with how the stock are.
new-1.jpg
Here is a drawing of them layed over each other. I wanted to keep the mount in the size restraints of the stocker. I will Keep you posted on how they turn out.
both.jpg

Hilux Urathane Engine Mounts

Hey Guys,

Recently had these put together. Have only driven the car a few times (no exhaust yet), but the engine vib seems to be marginal...