REV Limit of bottom end

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

400ZED

What is the limit of a stock bottom end?
speedway guys in NZ are getting 10 and 11 thousand RPm but that can't be stock.
I have a stock crown bottom end
and am a week off fitting Cams
370 thou lift before clearance
240 @ 50 and some new springs to handle it.
So the question is how hard can this thing rev saftley?
it use to run out of breath over 6000 i am hoping that the cams can breath to 8000- 8500

It is booked in to be tuned next Tuesday do i have to ask him to limit the revs or let it rev till it runs out of puff?

Let it rev until it runs out of puff or goes BANG.

If it does go BANG we'll all have an idea of how hard not to rev it.

I like to experiment with other peoples engines/money.

there was someone who had a rod let go --i think around 7800-- but look around to make sure.. i don t remeber for sure.. and yes, it easy easier to experiment with other guys engines/money.. it doesnt hurt as much when it breaks..

there was someone who had a rod let go --i think around 7800-- but look around to make sure.. i don t remeber for sure.. and yes, it easy easier to experiment with other guys engines/money.. it doesnt hurt as much when it breaks..

i replaced the long motor
i am going to replace bearings and do some work to the broken one which might come up for sale later. if any one is interested in a reco motor

Yeah I had a rod let go @ around 7800rpm. It was a dead stock standard crown bottom end, and I have only managed to save 2 pistons. All the others were damaged by bits of rod hurtling around the block

Yeah, mad phil i saw an article once in the BMW mag about the loadings in a v12 when the piston reaches the top of the bore and changes direction at TDC it was several hundred tons of force.
Regards
Lambo