1UZ Transplant Neutral rev limit

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Dr Project

Hi all.
I have a 1UZ with auto from a ~ 90 Celsior in a little sports (locost / 7) car.

In neutral, it wont rev past 2200 rpm.
I cannot drive it at the moment (nearly there).

What I want to know if the normal Celsior can rev past 2200 in Neutral I.E. is this is normal), or if its because its figured out there is no traction control or ABS etc anymore.

One of the tech articles on the site says a low success rate with these early ECU's for this sort of issue, though at 2800 rpm.

It is definitely a cut (spark & fuel) not some component breaking down.

Any help welcome.

I sure sideshow will back me up here that plenty of 1uz's have been wired without traction control and ABS and they ran fine. I would check it for codes and see what it has ( live data too if you have wired the second diagnostic plug ). If there is nothing major there then wait until you drive it before getting too worried. Just a note - it pays to listen to people you can rather than those who cant. Ive wired heaps of these things with and without the auto and have sorted all of them. Sideshow will agree with that too he is the man to talk to in Aussie . Cheers

Yes I'm sick of the idiots who started th rumours
That they have probs
I so far out of nearly 100 1uz wire ups
Never had one that I could not eventually sort out
And that's the secret word. Sort
No one has spent time diagnosing the prob
Because they have nfi
Anyway if u get stuck send loom to me and fix it right
For a price.
That price also includes help over phone

But I would wait to drive it to see if it has prob
As there is a rumor that some do have low rev limit
When in neut but I've never seen it
Mine hit six grand in any gear from low to park

Thanks guys. It wont be a driver for a few weeks. (if you count no bodywork or lights a driver) I didn't want to bother diagnosing something if it was normal. Got plenty of other things needing to be done..........