New Sc400 Headers Available

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Just got in - No nos and running just the stock ECU I dyno'd at 201whp and 220 torque...I have a dead APexi piggy back ECU......Need a new Split second piggy or AEM ASAP to get another 10hp of so when dialed in and tuned.....I have been running on the stock ECU for probably over a year and did not know it....Unbelieveable!!!!!

So hopefully next week I can dyno at close to 210WHP and maybe 230 torque mark...Which I guess would be good numbers and decent for a N/A 1992 SC400 1UZ-FE dyno test.... I was hoping for 220whp...Not a chance...

Now with nos...I screwed up and brought a pretty much dead nos bottle...OOOPS... Basically only had one run for a single dyno test and only put out about half the usual shot with the bottle reading at just 700psi. I usually am showing 1200PSI on average when heated..Have been up too 1500psi once or twice....I did find out the stock ECU runs the engine fairly rich in mix which works well for nos...... I still dyno's at 248whp and a big 293.4 Torque...So that was nice too see knowing I will most likely be able to double that shot output....... ..That was like only a 75hp shot...I discovered the nos really created alot of torque at 294....

Pic's coming in a few minutes..

i dare anyone to do bolt off, bolt on, back to back dyno comaprisons and show me these 20 rwhp gains...

bolt-on = BS

engines just dont work like this. doesnt stop marketing guys from trying to sell it to you though ;)

I don't think the headers alone bring you 20whp, but with the deletion of those two cats in combination with the header install there are some nice topend gains to be made....Lowend loss will happen too...

You never see any mention of a/f mixtures being corrected after the addition of aftermarket parts, I've noticed, just random numbers.
Tends to make a diffeerence ya know.
Take an engine that was running quite rich, open up the exhaust, and you've now gained a few hp from the increase in flow, and even more from partially correcting the overall mixture in the process.
Bottom end power should be the same unless the exhaust is just so incredibly large that there is turbulence inside, which is unlikely. Most of the time, headers will create the need for some more fuel at the bottom end, and during quick throttle movements when compared to the stock fuel curve.

Those are nice looking medium length headers, will work the same as the short ones until you get the runners to the 26" (or is it 31"?) length.

You never see any mention of a/f mixtures being corrected after the addition of aftermarket parts, I've noticed, just random numbers.
Tends to make a diffeerence ya know.
Take an engine that was running quite rich, open up the exhaust, and you've now gained a few hp from the increase in flow, and even more from partially correcting the overall mixture in the process.
Bottom end power should be the same unless the exhaust is just so incredibly large that there is turbulence inside, which is unlikely. Most of the time, headers will create the need for some more fuel at the bottom end, and during quick throttle movements when compared to the stock fuel curve.

Those are nice looking medium length headers, will work the same as the short ones until you get the runners to the 26" (or is it 31"?) length.

This is the nice part about MAS equiped cars. Most minor upgrades will be accounted for in the fuel department. Unlike MAP equiped cars, the computer with a MAS will always know the exact air flow going into the motor and will supply the correct amount of fuel or well to a point anways. IIRC, most its usually about 15% more flow that it can handle. MAP systems or better known as speed density system are not capable of compensating cause they dont know actual air flow. You can have a noticable change in air flow and still have roughly the same manifold pressure and therefore not as accurate in fuel metering.