New Sc400 Headers Available

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
These are the S&S Headers that are sold for the GS400 and can be worked into the Sc400 with some custom down pipe reworking....

Comparison pic's show the S&S are shorter in length.. So I would assume they EKtuning headers may be a true bolt on header for the SC400...The added length is about as long as the stock cat downpipes that would be deleted..I wonder?

To complete this thread - For those SC400 owners this is what you have currently bolted up to your 1UZ-FE engine at stock...

Painfully restrictive are these SC400 stock headers...

I know the Tex Headers are made and sold in Australia. That is about all I know about these Headers...PlanetSoarer.com should provide all the Tex header info you need...

It looks to me like the Tex headers may flow the best out of all....Although S&S headers made a really good difference to me as far as performance results are concerned...But then again I also deleted the two small cats at the same time...I think I am seeing the really nice power gains from both exhaust changes...Butt dyno guess I would say 30hp atleast... Put it this way it would be a close choice between the headers or the rest of the entire exhaust being modified, and I have straight thru mufflers, hi flow Y's, highflow center cat and rear section...Headers and the two cat deletion was more noticeable for performance results in my car.....Every time I drive my car I say to myself those headers really made a difference...The car rips at topend as apposed to before..

No, but you don't gain any either.....All topend with headers on my car and alot of it....

I edited this post just now to say the S&S Headers and two smaller cat deletion did take away just a little lowend torque and power.....The reason why I say this is that just last night I drive up this same hill daily and the car pre-header would cruise in third gear at 1500rpms and make it every time, however last night it almost did but downshifted for higher rpm power after the header install...I tried it again with the A/C off and the result was the same....That tells me I lost some lowend power....

The funny thing is about one year ago I argued on a thread post with all the experts and they told me no way you would lose lowend power with headers, etc...I said I was worried about installing the headers in fear of losing lowend torque, because that happen to some Chevy engines of mine in the past.....I am not complaining because I had traction problems anyway, so just a tiny decrease in lowend power is actually beneficial to me...Just making a point here.... Unbelieveable......

I may try to link that thread if I can find it...

Maybe this S&S header pic is better... Yes there is a pre drilled hole at the base of the header for the flange to be screwed on......However they are not threaded correctly to fit on the stock 1992 SC400 flange.... Had to re-work it and then fit....

That is a good point as you can clearly see the flange hole on the Tex Header going into the single pipe or double only...S&S is at the base and measures all...Via the shorty design...

UZZ30-Québec said:
what's the output of these? 2"?, 2 1/4"? 2 1/2"?

and the output of the ones from the GS400?

I don,t really like the O2 flange that tests only 1 cylinder, does the S&S has a O2 flange? we can't see it on the picture.

The pipe diameter at the 3 bolt flange is 2.50" OD.

drect bolt on

Here is a reply from ektuning regarding header install...

EK Tuning SC400 headers Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 13:14:54 -0700
Matthew,

The headers for the SC400 are 100% true bolt on and no modification is required. The prototype was actually built on a 92 SC400. We also have a y-pipe, full cat back system and a high flow cat-pipe which is 100% bolt on. Please let me know if you are interested in any of these item.

Kevin

This is my understanding of header designs in general...Let me know if I am mistaken...

Shorty headers - give you mostly all topend power with some lowend loss.....

Long tubed headers - give you more mid to highend power gains..Lowend loss ?

Mid length headers - ? depending on design...mostly topend power gains.. Lowend loss ?.

My header choice would be EKtuning for over all cost savings and ease with installation..I am sure the frow rate is close to the S&S Headers too, they look somewhat simular in design..... Let it be known that I love my S&S Headers..but I would have to go with the EKtuning headers for the SC4's if I were to do it all over again..

Besides the headers in general deleting those two bulky cats and installing straight flowing down pipes I'm sure makes a noticealbe difference....I took a good look at the old cats when they were removed and they looked blackened and clogged...I did not try blowing compressed air thru them but I could tell they do offer some resistance...I would say 20hp gains should be expected from the headers and maybe 10hp or so from deleting the old cats... That is just my guess and my opinion from my S&S Header install...

I think an upgraded torque converter and header install is a wicked combination for these sc4's....N/A performance speaking...