Keeping it cool

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
ive never seen them with dipstick in the sump
ill tyr get one this weekend

but try lookin just below rocker cover
right near drivers side back 2 cylinders can u see a small plug

might even be at front
some enbgines differ depending what model

Well i've installed the aftermarket temp guage, and the news isn't too good. Though with the few tweaks i've done like the foam sealing the radiator etc it's not too bad. Sideshow said his got up to near 115 on a hot day with his triple core, and mine running the standard radiator touched a max of 110 yesterday on a long run (big hills too.)

Still way too hot though. Interestingly enough, it ran at it's warmest on the constant motorway driving. Shouldn't this be it's best as it should have the most airflow?

Any ideas? I'm thinking that may be a heatsoak/pressurised engine bay problem.

But yeah I definately need an alloy radiatior.....

that is same prob as i had

even at highway speeds the radiator could not do the job

once u get over 95 or 100 degrees u just cant bring it back down

i threw out my copper tripple core and fitted a good alloy and its fixed the prob

i even dropped back of bonnet back to std and still doesnt get hot

on highway it will stay around 77 to 80

Good to hear, I guess i'd better do it sooner than later. I wonder if someone will give me one as a wedding present :veryhappy

Are you running the A/C Condensor infront of the radiator like me>?

yes im runnin the a/c condenser

today was a hot day and whilke drivin mine got to 92 fans come on at 86
so its still not 100%

i put this down to no room for air to escape in the engine bay

as it seams when doin 60 it climbs in temp very slowly

so im goin to look at vents with tiny thermos somewhere

I might try and get bigger header tanks on the radiator when i get one made. Purely to increase the volume of fluid.

I better keep looking into vents as well, it's no doubt a major problem.

yer i think alot of people have cooling probs with these 1uzs but they just dont know how bad due to factory temp gauges

Well mine should be back on the road this weekend.....and I've installed a quality water temp gauage, and put the aircon back in front of the radiator and the thermo to the rear. So it'll be very interesting to compare the differences between ours Bryan since I've got a 3" taller copper radiator and the patrol bonnet scoop.

I'll keep you's posted......

Thanks mate, your the first person to say that....

I originally ordered them years ago for my then project car, a 1975 GC Galant which never ended up happening (stolen.)

I had them in storage for a few years, but it was cheaper to put them on my 4Runner. Turns out now it is a bit of a rarity thanks to the mighty 1UZ.

-Nemesis- said:
I originally ordered them years ago for my then project car, a 1975 GC Galant which never ended up happening (stolen.)

Turns out now it is a bit of a rarity thanks to the mighty 1UZ.
oh. what a happy coincidence. sorry to hear your galant got nicked. f*ckers.

love the car as well btw, not just the plate ;)

i always have wanted a 1UZ 'lux.

1uz in a f4runner/hilux not so rare these days hehe

i do maybe 1 a month

good temp is under 90 92

Any news on yours Sidey?

I'm going driving on the huge dunes this weekend at Stockton. I can't get my cooling sorted on the cheap, so I think i'm gonna take my aircon condensor off for the weekend. Then maybe re plumb it elsewhere later.

mine hit mid 90s yesterday
im pretty sure its due to no air flow thru engine bay
so im goin to put more vents at back of bonnet

but 95 % of the time its cool

I finally got some testing on mine done yesterday with the new water temp gauge and the new motor. Mine has a taller radiator than standard (bout 2"), the laragest hose dia. I could use, thermo fan which at the moment runs constantly and is on the front of the radiator (no aircon) and a forward facing patrol bonnet scoop.

Around town and just cruising up to 80km/hr sits around 82degrees, revving it out and cruising at 4500rpm in 3rd (80km/hr) it creeped up to and then peaked at 90degrees....then highway 100-120km/hr it dropped down to 80degrees.....

So I'm pretty happy with it so far....have just got to setup the thermo fan to only come on when needed, and it should be right. Is there any news on the temp gauage/controller you were getting in sideshow?