Keeping it cool

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
ill go get a pic of it now and see how many people would like one
i have to ring and order a box full just hard to get time
but ill try to organise something this week

ill get some oil temp senders too for this unit

Well it was only a small test, but driving to work today after I bit the bullet and pulled the A/C condensor back out proved positive (apart from no A/C.)

It was mainly slow unloaded driving, but my temp ranged between 82-88 degrees. That did include one full throttle sprint from about 10km/h to 100km/h. That's with the 16" thermo back on the outside, and I put the additional 10" thermo on the inside right in the top corner at the hot water inlet.
This is using the standard 4Runner radiator remember. So I think 90% of my problem was the A/C condensor.

Deffinetly sounds like the AC was the problem Nem....kinda good news I guess.....thats running about the same temps as mine now!!!

So looks like we'll both be on the hunt for a similar sized condensor to mount inside the bullbar?

One potential option: An auto leccie once told me the Surfs (dunno which) have their A/C condensor mounted behind the front bash plate. This would be fine untill I go SAS hehehe.

Yeah, I've seen a 1UZ surf with this setup....it's not very pretty, and I can see it enjoying mud either....

Surely some type of car/4x4/truck has a condensor wider than the 4runner one but not as high, that could be mounted tilted forwards in the bullbar. Up under the back where the spare tyre usally is would be another option, but I'm not too keen on this either.

Yeah i'm starting to lean towards the back. Maybe even tucked right up above the brackets for the spare tyre holder. With a biggish thermo to compensate for low airflow.

How come your outta msn the last few days ?

Was out on site all day yesterday, and had too much work on today....

So whats you plans now? still getting a new radiator? or sticking with the standard one?

Sideshow, how easy are those things to program for the on/off settings for the thermo?? I'll be keen on getting one....I will mainly use it to monitor oil temps, and to turn the thermo on/off as I've already got a water temp gauge.

Sideshow, how much will the gauge be, how much for the oil sender and when will you order them as I am interested, as I do need a good temp gauge.

just press the left button and the thermo fan temp on value changes up 2 degrees each press

they might be about 120 aussie dollars

and im not sure how much extra for the oil temp sender maybe 20 bucks

i have t buy them in us dollars so hard to know exact figure till i get them here

then pay duty ill order them soon

they have a battery backup wire which records the temp fan settings

twisty_toy94 said:
So whats you plans now? still getting a new radiator? or sticking with the standard one?

Eventually yeah, I want it to run cool even under constant load. So will eventually do the radiator and vents too.

Sideshow, looking at the gauge I think I would use it as a stand alone temp gauge for water for me, I only have the one arm, and when driving I like to not have to pres buttons for other functions. When you get the gauge into Australia I would like to have one.
John

ok well ive put an order in so hope to get them soon

once the values are set u dont have to press the buttons

it keeps them in memory until u disconnect the battery

Here is what i did with the digi temp gauge i got from sideshow. I removed the dash and set it into it as in the pics. the hole where i drilled through the dash is a little untidy, if i put a gromit over it it would tidy it up a bit.

I've bitten the bullet and bought a 75 series cruiser radiator. It's the same core size as the 4Runner's original (not really room for bigger) but where as the 4Runner is about a 35mm 2 core, this is a 65mm 4core. And the header tanks are twice the 4runner ones, plus bigger inlet and outlet diameter. Now all i've got to do is mount it and redesign the hose routes to fit.....

sideshow said:
i now have the temp/fan controllers here if anyone is interested
Gday, can you tell me a bit more about it?
how much is it? where does it get the temp reading from?
i currently have a davies craig controller in the top hose at radieator that doesnt seem to be working properly.
thanks Dean

there is no way i would fit a davies craig fan controller to anything, there a water leak waitiung to happen and there ugly as hell. Sideshow temp guage/controller has a sender that goes in place of the original temp gauge sender. Then it has an output to trigger a fan which is selectable by you to the temp you require. That is why i drilled an extra hole in my dash, so i could adjust it if need be.

Im running a 3 core deisel radiator in my hilux, so fan seams ok but time will tell when it gets back into summer, thou its still high 20's here in qld.