Finally running (sort of)!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Bummer on the cam kerfuffle,

I hope those cams are non interference and you haven't bent any valves, fingers crossed.

I feel your pain here too, I do everything myself now after being through several similar episodes like yours. I figure if I stuff it up I learn and can replace whatever it is I stuffed up and it still works out cheaper than paying some numptie to stuff it up and make up excuses why I need to pay more.

Your just about there now and the years of mental torment and calculations will hopefully be worth it.

I hear you on the LSx engines. If you can fit a 1uz in that engine bay an LS7 with a supercharger will fit as well..... You won't need to worry about drive train power loss as you will see most of it in the rear view mirror when you stick your right foot into it.......

There has to be something to be said about boosting the hell out of an un opened 1uz for value for money.

Crack a beer and have a break from it for a while, it's a toy so enjoy it when you want to.

And the next saga is?

I had a call this morning to let me know the engine builder forgot to remove the bolt in the scissor gears on the right hand bank (the one with the broken drive pin) which means I either have to trailer the truck to them or I get to remove the cam cover (for the third time) and remove it.

Looks like a little more grease under my fingernails.

Will it ever end??

To top it off Quickfit are now 36hours late in coming to adjust the fuel chart. At least this will give me time to R & R the cam cover.

We're getting there.

The A/F ratios are looking a lot more like they should.

I'll remove the scissor gear bolt tomorrow morning and give it a run and see how it goes.

Hopefully I'll return with a smile on my face.

Attachments

• ls2a.jpg
    ls2a.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 101
  • ls2d.jpg
    ls2d.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 100
OK,

Now we have smoke and lots of it off the rear tyres!

Using a 3,500rpm redline it can smoke the tyres (12.5x33x15) in first, second and third. I drove it sideways around a roundabout in second earlier.

Definitely too loud and has a few minor gitches in the driveline to sort but my smile is a bit wider than the car and that's 1.8 metres or 6' for you imperial people.

Once correctly turned, a few bugs worked out of the running gear this will be fun to drive.

A ten minute drive can make up for weeks of hard slog.

Boost is showing at up to 15lb and thats at under 3,000rpm. I wouldn't be surprised to see the 18lb Andrew from Richwood suggested I would get.

Now to go and drive it again and again and again.

Attachments

• honda ign map.jpg
    honda ign map.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 33
And the next saga is?

I had a call this morning to let me know the engine builder forgot to remove the bolt in the scissor gears on the right hand bank (the one with the broken drive pin) which means I either have to trailer the truck to them or I get to remove the cam cover (for the third time) and remove it.

Looks like a little more grease under my fingernails.

Will it ever end??

To top it off Quickfit are now 36hours late in coming to adjust the fuel chart. At least this will give me time to R & R the cam cover.

Great job on the 15 psi. I am sure it will be a monster regardless how you drive it. You are very lucky that the bolt didnt cause any internal damage.

After driving it with the limited rev range I would guess around the 400 at the treads. That would be around 550 at the fly which is what we were planning on.

Heaps more grunt than my wife's SLK55 and a lot less traction.

I now need to get it dyno'd and see how it goes.

I have a new set of 35" tyres to replace the old hard 33" so traction should improve.

I'll keep you posted.

Whooo hooo!! Worth the wait i bet :)

15lbs is great and with some fine tuning and more revs (?) 18 sounds very doable.

Refresh my memory, what form of intercooling? Just WI?

I've just returned from a 30klm shakedown run.

Unless I have a very optermistic boost gauge I can say I saw 20lb at one stage at 4,000rpm.

I'm running 50/50 water/meth with a 375cc nozzle and it cuts in at 6lb boost.

Interesting thing with the twin screw supercharger is it produces most heat at idle and cruise and is actually cooler when on boost.

I'm learning to use left lock to turn right and right lock to turn left! Not much traction in old hard BFG Mud Terrains.

By God it's thirsty. But who cares it's a blast.

Best thing about the whole setup from engine to transmission and suspension is I specced and built most of it and it actually works quite well. A bit of finetuning and she'll be right.

Yes it's been worth all the problems.

I live at the top of the gorge and regularly drive to Galston and back for the fun of it. The noise of the sidepipes bouncing off the rock walls is loud to say the least.
I have a really tight lsd and the only way I can get around the hairpins is to light up the rears and spin around. Good fun.
Try it Rod. My best is 4 minutes 15sec. top to top.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rod, fanyastic news!! It is always worth it after working long and hard on a project near and dear to your heart. Take a vid with sound and post it up!! 15 -20 lbs boost, Woo Hoo!!

Ryan