Dry Sump Ideas

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

200sx-v8

I'm shopping around for a dry sump setup. Anyone have any ideas around this?

Was thinking about a 4 stage setup with 3 stages for scavenge, and one for oil feed to the engine. I will modify my current home designed sump for this setup.

5-6 liters of oil capasity.

Have seen some setups drain the oil directly from the heads to the pump, without going through the sump. Mabe this would be a possible setup on the 1uz.

All info apreciated, as this will be my first experience with dry sump.

Thanks for that! I was hoping for an answer from you, as I noticed earlier that you had built a dry sump 1uzfe.

I have this idea, making the sump with two scavenge pickups. One in front and one in the back, diveded by a "higher" section over the x-member. Reason for this is that I do not want to change the already very low position of the engine. But as mentioned, this is all new to me, so all feedback are apreciated.

That drawing is not a seperator, it is the actual sump, it bolts directly to the block and is 46mm thick, clears the rods by 3 mm, there is also a scraper plate on the outlet side.

You have to get the oil out as close as possible to the crank.
The engine can be even lower than with the intermediate alloy casting.

Why bother if you are going to leave the intermediate casting in place ?

Yes, we are running them on our race engine. They are not cheap, around $3000 AUD, also requires a special front engine cover plate which has a fixed belt tensioner assy and is not suited for road use.

Quite happy to send you the Solidworks 2006 files, PM me with your email address.

pmed, good thing the motor i would like to use this on will rarly if ever see any public roads. my current idea for the transmission wont be very street worth eather.

Thanks.

Has anyone thought about just relocating and redesigning the lower oil pan more towards one side of the block or shaped differently to allow more room on one or both sides of the engine for exhaust and such?

@RMS
Can you please send me the solidworks files? info(a)efmotor.no
Please send other drawings as well if the are of parts regarding the 1uzfe.

Here is my attempt to make a dry sump pan. There is a x-member going in the middle, therefore the higher section on the middle.

The flange is also made too thick. It will be milled down atleast 10mm.

One of the pictures also shows one of the custom pickup's I made with AN12 coupling.

Hey that dry sump (RMS) looks preety flash. What would the dimension from the crank down to the bottom of the sump work out to be? I'll looking at using a dry sump to get the motor nice and low down in a jet boat