part dry sump using stock pumps

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
i was going to have a breather tank using the p/steer pump reservior of the hilux. but i will look for boat ones

A scavenge pump in a dry sump system should be capable of pumping MORE oil than the main pump to effectively scavenge the oil pan and keep the tank full. That means its going to pump air a lot of the time. It wouldn't be a 'dry sump' if the scavenge pump didnt keep the sump empty.
I hope you figure something out that works though, its a cool idea.

i think you people need to read all my posts alot more carefully. the sump will not be empty. in reality all i am doing is making it a 12L oil capacity wet sump.

why

if youre worried about starvation, why not just baffle the stock sump better, and design a more appropriate pickup for your driving style.

way way easier than some kooky semi wet 2 stage oil system with a fan pump as your primary scavenge pump.

if you want to do it at least semi properly, just buy a second hand 3 stage dry sump pump off ebay for US$250 - cheap as chips

in a system like this - as has already been elluded to - the pump really is the cheapest part of the system...

Dry sump

Hi Tomo, one of the guys in our car club is building a dry sump for his 1uz, i discussed with him the use of the fan pump, but he felt 12l was not enough, he is building his from scratch, and has moded the original sump by fitting a new bottom to it with a small trough running front to rear it is about 1.5"" wide and about 1 " deep, at each end he has a 1" fitting stepping down to about .5 " fittings , he has made up his own twin scavenge pump that will mount on a plate next to the alternator, the original oil pick up is cut off at the filter and extended to exit out through the side of the sump with a 1"fitting this will go to the output of his external tank which he is about to make also, sorry no pics yet but i will try to get some once hes made more progress,

Best regards
Lambo