Coolant leak on throttle body-bypass ok?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

yardbuzzard

I had a coolant leak on the throttle body area. When I removed the tb, what looks like the fifth bolt hole (other 4 holes bolt to the intake) had a small hole in it from, I assume, corrosion. Not knowing what to reseal or repack the hole with, I bypassed the tb with a heater hose. I then reinstalled the tb. It runs fine but question:
Does anyone see any problem with leaving it this way?
If so, how would you suggest plugging the hole? tig welding and surface grinding?

thanks in advance.

Normally you dont have coolant leak on the TB. The coolant pipe is casted and most likely it not crack. Perhaps you have head gasket problem. There is a link from the right side valve cover and the TB. Check your oil, coolant fluid level and engine temperature. If you have the following symptoms:

1. Oil: Can you say chocolate milk?
2. Coolant Level: Loosing coolant or over flowing
3. Engine Temp: Hot after prolong driving.

thanks for the reply.
Actually coolant was pouring from the tb at the hole I was referring to. After the bypass, there are no leaks, oil in the coolant, nor temp problems. But I have not driven it very far since the bypass.

Sorry I miss read your post. Yes, you can bypass the TB. Matter of fact I just bypass everything. The rear water bridge was connected from left to right.

thanks again for the reply... thought it possible to bypass.
I did clean the tb while I had to take it off to do the bypass...now the idle is fast. cant seem to get it to drop after warm up. Must have a vacumn off or something but I sure cant find it. Was hoping it was not because I bypassed the coolant.