small oil and coolant leak '95 LS400

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

LS400GUY

I'm noticing a slow oil and coolant leak in the rear of the engine on the right bank. I first thought it was the infamous pow steering leak falling on the exhaust pipe causing smoking as the pipes get hot and burning off the oil. However, when I watched it while idling I noticed that oil & coolant was dripping down the very rear of the eng onto the exhaust pipe and on the garage floor. Obviously, it's a head and/or head gask issue. Any other ideas? If it was just an oil leak, I would look at other causes, but the coolant leak in the same area suggests it's a hd gask leak, the eng still runs fine, no overheating and no noticeable coolant loss (yet), but it lost considerable amounts of oil and poor gas mileage when driven at higher speeds and tons of smoking from burning oil on the exh pipes. I'm hoping this could be fixed with just a head re-torque, or is this just wishful thinking? Btw, no oil in coolant reservoir yet. That's why I'm hoping to just retorque. Btw, there is not oil/coolant mix, both fluids are dripping out separately. One last thing, I'm not a 100% sure the clear liquid is coolant, it could be just the normal water stream, but I thought that would only be the case during warm weather when a/c compressor running, but it's 20 degrees outsid! Any helpful suggestions will be very much appreciated.

LS400GUY

oil leak & etc

I've found it!! It's the rt. rear cam seal, do those seals just blow out from eng pressure? Why isn't it secure like the left rear one? Kind of odd Lexus would use this kind of design, wouldn't you say? Whew, I'M happy it's not the dreaded head gask.

LS400GUY