Any one put a 1UZ into a MarkII Supra?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

GreekNZ

Planning to do this conversion over the course of the year, going to build the engine slowly in my garage, get to know it, then get it put it.

No stock swap either, have plans for custom exhaust runners, ITB's, Cam's, the works.

That's the plan, but as we all know, plans never go as smoothly as planned. I couldn't find any one who has done the swap, but does any one know how well it fits? I've done some rough mesaurements, and it appears to drop in fine....

Yup,
I assume your talking about the 82-85 Supras. Fits nicely. PM Peewee about motor mounts, quality craftsmanship. Hardest part is probably custom exhaust to get around steering shaft.

yea dude, i really want to but im starting to lean towards a 1g-gte conversion for less hassle because im a newb. I cant afford a 1uz, and the 1g will be cheap as chips

Maybe in New Zealand, yeah, where the 1g-gte actually came factory in cars...

Here, the 1UZ isn't worth very much, because not a lot of people are in need of them. Not many people wrecking their lexuses who want to fix them.

Maybe in New Zealand, yeah, where the 1g-gte actually came factory in cars...

Here, the 1UZ isn't worth very much, because not a lot of people are in need of them. Not many people wrecking their lexuses who want to fix them.

ahh yes i forgot they never really exported the 1g-gte.

i can score a 1g with 100 thousand k's on the clock for less than $500 where as a 1uz is around the same price as a 1j which is around $1000-$1500.

So many decisions! I just inherited some money so i may be about to get a 1uz.

Also one thing that worries me is getting a certificate. maybe some of the NZ'ers will be able to shed some light.

You mean a certification? Shouldn't be too hard in NZ, we are actually not too strict on it. Just make sure everything is done right, have a cert guy look at in different stages, or at least some sort of log, so he can see it's all being done sweet. Some of them are knobs, but as I said, if it's done right, it should be sweet.

Sweet thanks. Is the engine swap similar/identical to the swap into a mk3? Ah im going to stop asking dumb questions and do some research when i get home ><. Its a real toss up between a sissy cheap 1ggte or a 1uz.

Hah. At that price, find me a way to get two engines across the ocean, and I'll trade you a 1UZ for a 1G-GTE!

Good luck with the swap, man. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Hah. At that price, find me a way to get two engines across the ocean, and I'll trade you a 1UZ for a 1G-GTE!

Good luck with the swap, man. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Haha yea mate i would so do that!

I have settled on a 7m-gte after chatting to some supra peoples. It gives almost the same power to weight ratio as a JZA80 with no mods in a mk2 and the engine mounts are the same as a 5m. Win Win!

Haha yea mate i would so do that!

I have settled on a 7m-gte after chatting to some supra peoples. It gives almost the same power to weight ratio as a JZA80 with no mods in a mk2 and the engine mounts are the same as a 5m. Win Win!

Hehe, make sure you have the upgraded head gasket in that 7M motor. That motor is legendary for blowing head gaskets, AMHIK.