Ferrari's 4.3liter V8 doubles the 1uz-fe hp output NA..

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Oh yes valve controll is also one of the more serious iseus offcourse but yamaha proved they could make and production valve train on springs revving up to 17500rpm, whereas other forms of motorsports such as F1 rely on pneumatic valve controll combined with springs.

intakes and exhaust are also different in desing ofcourse, but expescially placing of injectors outside of the actual intake tract known as douche injection, some production bikes also utilise this (mv agusta) combined with normal placed injectors which opperate at a centain rev threshold.

ps little detail, most F1 cars don't have a compressor on board for the pneumatics but carry a singe titainium container that carrys enough presure to do 1 race.

grtz Thomas

Attachments

• happy_trev.jpg
    happy_trev.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 5
frari builds Flat plane V8's whereas the rest of the production world builds crossplane's which are beter balanced by nature. maybe Erol can say something about this?

Prestige and image Thomas.
Would you really buy a frari (youv'e got me doing it now!) if it sounded like a mass produced V8.
The sound makes a statement doesn't it ?

So it is the weight of the internal parts that determine how the engine is engineered to rotate with speed... I guess balancing out the motor only goes so far... That makes perfect sense to me...

I would think the inline motors would be able to rev like crazy, but I guess the pistons, rods, etc.. just weigh too much...

The young grasshopper is still learning...Thanks...

Thought so Erol,

But one question keeps bogging my mind, am i right in saying:

crossplane v8 rely on balance weight on the crank thus the crancks have more weight, thus can't rev very high.

flatplane cranks don't need significant couterweights at all and rely on the lightest possible rod/piston combo's thus being able to rev much higher
hence the saying "if the engine's still alive after the finnish you could have make it lighter and thus more powerfull"

or is it soly an isue of exhaust systems being in balance on flatplane's and that for making that balance on a crossplane, it would require a much bigger complexer and heavier exhaust system with primairy's to long to produce power in high rpm application.

there must be a very good reason for F1 using soly flatplanes and frari doing also, is the short rebuild intervall connected to the inbalanced nature of the flatplane desing? or is the rpm range the blame, looks to me that if the bike manufacturers can keep their bearings and rings in one piece for sustained periods of time frari could also, thus there must be a reason why it's not? but what is it?

@jibby true they rev like stink, but a faltplane v8 is basicly 2 inline 4's joined at the crank. whereas if you would take a crossplane and make 2 4L's of it they would be rather shaky

grtz Thomas