a turbo and a supercharger??

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Skatony

does anyone do this. i know semitrucks and such diesels have used biturbo set ups but what about a supercharger that takes car of the boost while the turbos spooling up? i dont know just something ive always thought of but nobodys ever said much about... THANKS!:D

Last edited:
Have a search on the site for Twincharging. There are some lengthy threads on this topic already.

Also have a look at the 2JZ-GZTE project in my signature. The end goal of this project is a twincharged setup (3 mini superchargers + a turbo).

You can use the search function and type it in. There're more than a few threads about it already. If you open the same thread, members may not jump on it. However, if you start your project, then I'm sure it'll be very interesting and a lot of members will jump on it. :D

Personally I would build a nice high compression twin turbo engine !!
With modern turbo's they spool as quick as you want..
The issue with turbo's blowing through a blower is the blower becomes the restriction in the mid to upper power range..
With high comp a GOOD engine management is required for engine durability which would also be required on twin charged system.. High comp 9.2 to 10 to 1 would have very little transition difference between off and on boost..
Yes the VW has twin charged 1400 cc and does a top job.. BUT its VERY technical to work or to copy on another motor...

Attachments

• Bosch BIC.jpg
    Bosch BIC.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 131
  • Bosch MEC.jpg
    Bosch MEC.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 130
How about this setup? I don't even know what to call this creation? I also don't now how you can see the road in front of you when driving?:eek:

Attachments

• motivator945727he4.jpg
    motivator945727he4.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
There seems to be a problem with attachments...
The above coils I never hosted or posted..

Twin blowers are ok for bling, one up manship and shock value..
Not practical and I'm sure the boys in blue would be very interested...
If it doesn't make 1200 h.p it's very in efficient !!!
When a single GT45R can do that easy and under the hood / bonnet...
Chances are one of those blowers could be hollow ???
Garry Myers has a tuff burnout Mustang set up like that down under..
http://www.garymyers.com.au/

That twin charger looks crazy, but very impractical. I think it's more for show. Besides not being able to see the track completely, it'll cause imbalancing issue because the chargers are so high.

holy crap.. that's a good point xr8tt, high comp twin turbos would probably be wicked fast and horribly hard to keep on the track lol.

Well?? High comp for forced induction...
With forged rotating assembly it'll hold up fine..
Tuned with E85 can make GOOD power, need 30% more fuel supply, injectors etc..
Traction control comes down to tune..
Having wastegates electronically controlled through ECU [EBC] via TPS keeps power lineal to throttle opening..