5.8 Liter 500 bhp Lexus (N/A)?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Ooopps, my fault. : ) Sorry. The compression ratio is acutally 9:1. I was looking at the wrong statistics.

While I respect the path that everyone here walks down as far as building a motor, it's very confusing to me why there's so much talk about totally redesigning heads, and welding up injectors ports. The one thing to remember is that simpliciy is king, and there's no need to turn a one month motor build into a one year motor build.

Eric

I completely understand...

While others with a vast knowledge about the 1uz/2uz/3uz motors. I dont have that knowledge because i've never gone into a motor. I have "heard" that the 2uz heads sucked, I was told they were not designed well, but over all they looked basically the same as my 92 SC400 heads (from the pictures I have seen). I am interested to hear why you say the 2uz heads are better if not the best. I wont bite your head off if you explain.

haha,
jeff

If you compare the port design, especially on the intake side, the 2uz seems much more conducive to flow than the restrictve early 1uz port. Now that there are cams available for the 2uz heads, the sky is the limit.

Eric

LEXUS (TRD) 4.3L V8
Bore : 3.545″ Stroke: 3.300″ Minimum crank weight: 38 lbs Maximum compression ratio:
Cylinder head intake runner maximum volume: 139 cc’s Cylinder head exhaust runner maximum
volume: 81 cc’s Intake valve: 1.356″ Exhaust valve: 1.147″ Piston w/rings, pin and connecting
rod: 1053 gm minimum Maximum camshaft lift @ retainer with zero lash: .478″ Maximum
duration: 260° @.050″ lift Rons 4 hole throttle body with 1.875″ diameter butterflies. Intake
manifold TRD (as approved) RPM limit: 8100 Maximum fuel pressure 5 bar ( 72.5 psi)
These are the regs for the Grand Am Lexus engine. This engine is making over 500HP.