4.7-liter "i-Force" V8 engine into a SC400

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Wouldnt be too hard. You will need a set custom engine mounts. You also might need to change the headers to SC400 and some wiring for the new engine.

Same dimensions as the 1uzfe 4.0 that was originally offered for that car. Only difference specs wise is the bore/stroke on the 4.7. If you plan for a complete 4.7 with OEM ECU and heads it will still fit fine. I'm putting a hybrid 4.7 block... 4.0 head setup in my LS400 with David's motor mount kit. Pretty much a drop in swap in my case but an entire v8 swap isn't much different as far as work involved. Your planning the VVT-i correct?

Ok guys this is my first post here. Ive talk to david twice on the phone yrs ago, been on CL hard for last 4mo. This is exactly what i want to do to my 98SC400. How much different is it to do the 4.7vvt-i block on my car. How much different is the stroke on mine than the 4.7. Also is the vvt-i 4.7 a steel or aluminum block.

Ok guys this is my first post here. Ive talk to david twice on the phone yrs ago, been on CL hard for last 4mo. This is exactly what i want to do to my 98SC400. How much different is it to do the 4.7vvt-i block on my car. How much different is the stroke on mine than the 4.7. Also is the vvt-i 4.7 a steel or aluminum block.
4.7L 2UZFE is an IRON block and I believe the best combo would be just changing your 4.0 to a 4.7L VVTi. I think the 2uzfe pistons will work on your VVTi heads. Another option would be a 4.7L stroker to a 5.2L VVTi.

4.7L 2UZFE is an IRON block and I believe the best combo would be just changing your 4.0 to a 4.7L VVTi. I think the 2uzfe pistons will work on your VVTi heads. Another option would be a 4.7L stroker to a 5.2L VVTi.

So as long as i find a 00-05 4.7 its just a straight block swap. does the oil pans need to be swapped & is the piston a for sure yes or no. i really want to do this. i also found a 58000mi motor for 700.

You can get any 2uzfe from 2000 to 2006/07. If new 2uzfe has VVTi oil inlet just plug it up with a 1/4' npt. Newer 2uzfe has oil injectors build in.

what kind of hp gain do you think ill see with the vvt-i 4.7. this is what i got now.
full custom cat back 2.25 mandrel bent w/x pipe true duel
srt intake for gs400
TT 3.76 LSD
I dynoed on a mustang dyno the other day got 221hp & 231tq, with a simulated 1/4mi of 14.20 @97. now davegs4 @ cl said that the mustang dyno's are lower than dynojet's by like 15-20%.

also that npt fitting your talkin about, is that an oil line on/or in the block or like a hole in the block that you would tap & put a npt plug in.

Last edited: