1UZFE into V6 4Runner with Wolf 3D

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
The drivers side engine mount.

abf.sized.jpg

The passenger side engine mount.
abg.sized.jpg

The clearance from the IFS and diff to the sump. (Front mount sump)
The bodylift (2") allowed the motor to be mounted high enough to clear everything with no mods.
abh.sized.jpg

Fianlly not much room for the thermo fan (crappy photo too). I will remove the aircon condensor and heopfully be able to mount the thermo fan on the front of the radiator. Then get the airocn condensor mounted under the rear of the vehicle where the spare tyre used to be.
abi.sized.jpg

deankdx, there is rubber in the mount, but they are an unusal mount. Heres a shot of the passenger side mount, from the above/front.

abj.sized.jpg

The bit you thought was a spring is I guess something to prevent the motor falling right out if the rubber ever snapps.

On mine the V6 engine mount brackets were left on the chassis. Then new mounts were fabricated off the block to the above engine mount. It looks very factory. (Zuffen, I didn't need your soarer/crown mounts in the end, let me know if you want them back)

I'll get better pictures of it all when I get it home, probably tomorrow night. It goes to the exhuast shop this late this arve and that should be finished tomorrow arve. All going well it will be running by saturday arve.

thanks for that extra pic it shows the rubber clearly and now i think of it i've seen falcon mounts that have that engine fall out preventer thingo.
would you be so kind to tell us what those mounts are off and where to get them? i think they would probably go close to working in my planned falcon swap
if i can't adapt the ford mounts to the motor.

Widowmaker just rang and told my the final price for fitting the V8.

$2225....a little more than the budgeted $1000, yet I did allow $1500.

That was to make custom mounts off the 1UZ Block, two engine mounts, flywheel bolts, bolts to attach the gearbox to the 1UZ, modify the gearbox cross member, recondition the slave cylinder for the clutch and setup the clutch so it is all working properly. Plus over 30 hrs labour.

So its about right, and the job is excellent, just a little more $$$ than I had hoped.

Deankdx - The engine mounts used in my conversion are std. V6 4Runner Mounts.

As for progress on mine I finished it at 6am the day before xmas eve (thursday) and it went in to get approved at 8:30 that day. The enginner was really impressed with the conversion, but failed me due to the steering stabilzer not being put back on (sump is in the way, so some custom brackets are needed) and not having the ecu mounted, which was just sitting on the floor. I wasn't able to get this done before he closed up for xmas, so it will get approved in early Jan.

He photocopied his report with what is needed and said it should get me out of any trouble I might have if I get pulled up over the xmas break. I've done about 650kms now, all trouble free, fuel consumption is deffiently better on the highway than the V6, but worse around town. First tank was 300km out of 60L, and second was 350km....

Still got some minor issues to fix. Power steer cuts out sometimes, but seems to slowly be getting better. My trottle cable is crap, I tried shortening mine, which while it works ok, looks like crap, and is a bit sticky at times....I'll get some more pics of the finished setup soon.

So when we having that beer Zuffen?

Twisty,

I'll post the money for a few beers. Too far to travel for a drink!

Can you PM me your address as I deleted it from my mail box.

Guts said:
PS would have air in the line.
Thats what I thought Guts, but I have done all the full lock to full lock stuff, and it still hasn't got any better. The lines a pretty direct so I wouldn't think there would be much chance of air lines being the problem.

Is there any tricks to getting air out of the lines if this is the case?

jerbear said:
Hi Twisty
Nice job on the conversion. My question to you is regarding the exhaust. What did you use for headers or an exhaust manifold? Thanks in advance.
Thanks
Jerbear
I used the standard crown headers, but plan to get some custom ones late this year. The guy that done my exhuast said about $100 a pipe ($800 total) I'd say the performance gain would be worth it, as the crowns look pretty restrictive.

Zuffen said:
Twisty,

I'll post the money for a few beers. Too far to travel for a drink!

Can you PM me your address as I deleted it from my mail box.
No need for that Zuffen, I'm sure we might catch up one day.

You planning on going to the Tuff Truck Challenge in April at all? I'm planning to take the 4Runner down to that.

Does the steering just go suddenly or does it fayed out then slowly go? If it goes slowly then maybe the fuild is getting hot.

PS pump setup are you running? I`m asuming its the standard one for the 1uz with the resevour on top of the pump. If so the lines will be very short and from memory you are running 33`s. When stardard ps steering is connected the res is seperate and sits on the other side of the enginee bay to the box and has hard lines running to it and the pump, these help with cooling the fluid. Now that you have sort lines and bigger tyres I wouldn`t be surprised if it just getting hot.

When I connect my ps back up I am running hard lines 4 or 6 times across in front of the fans in front of the radiator just to help cool the fluid. But I run 36`s, diff locks and do lots of fast and hard turning on the wheel at so it doesn`t take much for my ps fluid to over heat.

Hope all that makes sense as I know I`m bad for putting what I`m thinking in to words on a bloody computor lol.

I think you might be right with the fluid getting hot. I'm running the setup with the resivor on top of the pump and 33's on 15x10's with big offset. The lines are each about 20cm long from the pump to the box.

It mainly seems to cut out after it has been driven for a while and when in low revs. If you give a blipp of the throttle it will cut in for a little bit. So I'm guessing the problem will be overheating.

Either run some lines like I am going to or use a tranny cooler in the ps lines. Let us know how it goes.

Another thing that gets me thinking is you say it comes good for a sec when you give it a blip, doing this would make the pump pump faster which inturn sends fluid faster from the res to the box. In my thinking even if you are going faster (higher revs) it would also overheat, it would just take longer for the same thing to happen because the fluid wouldn`t be sitting in the box for aslong.