1UZ on an aftermarket computer

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I've looked around at using a GM TPI ecu from a 1992 Camaro, or Vette, looks like it would work, assuming you buy the chip flasing set, and learn how the values work in terms of percentages and whatever.
Price is right anyways.

i would honestly like to know/see a few more people's results from the use of aftermarket ECU's on their 1UZs - with varying mods (not interested in F/I - i have a celica for that).

The only two i have any real knowledge of are Peewee's and Pete's, with quite a difference in results from mods otherwise considered minor (exhaust and intake).

In fact Peewee i never got to see any dyno graphs through the different stages of your mods.... (or if i did i never paid attention). Of course to me this is just information soaking, the idea of modifying the crown to the extent of a standalone ECU is almost bastardising my luxury cruiser....

This may be a tad OT, but would any of the Aussies on this list know if this ECU is a rebadged Wolf/Microtech/etc.:

http://www.034efi.com/034ECUSTGII.html

It looks interesting - it'll do 8 injectors in SFI mode, and 8 coils in Direct Fire mode, plus there's a few GPO outputs left over for A/C, radiator fans, etc.

So while I don't have any experience with this ECU on the 1UZ, it looks like it would handle it nicely.

TIA,

John

I am a little worried about people relying on standard ECU knock sensing ability. A system that can determine knock on one engine will not function correctly on another engine. In fact change the engine mounts to a harder type may upset the sensing abilityof the ECU.

Knock control is a science in itself and most systems are tuned to ignore harmonics that are generated by the engine this all changes from engine to engine.

On anothe note when purchasing a aftermarket ECU you get what you pay for The el cheepo ECUs suffer from tuning resolution. Small fuel and ignition tables can create problems, also 8, 16, and 32 bit all make a difference to the accuracy of fuel delivery and ignition timing.

The upper end ECUs like MoTeC can control VVT, & stepper motors, traction control, boost control and more but dont use knock control, Why, because it takes more effort to get the knock control working correctly than to tune the rest of the system.

Sorry for the rant but most race engines dont rely on knock control to fix up tuning mistakes!

cribbj said:
This may be a tad OT, but would any of the Aussies on this list know if this ECU is a rebadged Wolf/Microtech/etc.:

http://www.034efi.com/034ECUSTGII.html

It looks interesting - it'll do 8 injectors in SFI mode, and 8 coils in Direct Fire mode, plus there's a few GPO outputs left over for A/C, radiator fans, etc.

So while I don't have any experience with this ECU on the 1UZ, it looks like it would handle it nicely.

TIA,

John
Are you shure of the rebadging?
I spent last weekend road-mapping a microtech LT12 and the 034 ecu seems to have some functionality that Microtech doesn´t. The casing and tuning software is also different. http://www.microtechefi.com/html/LT.htm

Sorry, I wasn't saying it was rebadged, I was just curious if anyone from Oz recognised it since Australia seems to have the highest concentration of aftermarket ECU's.

The 034 site is owned and run by one guy, like Lextreme, but his interest is Audi's instead of Toyota/Lexus. He probably found this line of ECU's somewhere and is simply reselling them. I was really curious whose/which ECU this thing actually is because it does appear to be very capable.

John