1UZ on an aftermarket computer

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Tuning an ecu "to get the engine to run as smoothly as possible and as close to original spec" will cost upto $500
Make sure you budget that in.

Wiring is extra if you have it done professional.

Most aftermarket ecu's require purchasing extra items on top of the ecu itself (sensors and the like)

2000 will get u a microtech
supplied

fitted

and tuned

for an autronic supply fit and tune u will be looking at about 3000 to 3500

sideshow said:
2000 will get u a microtech
supplied

fitted

and tuned

for an autronic supply fit and tune u will be looking at about 3000 to 3500
By who?

Any Mictrotech supplier and fitter?

Which unit, LT-8 or LTX-8?

Do these Microtech ECU's work off the original 1uzfe sensors?

Cheers guys.

Pretty much any microtech supplier and fitter and tuner can do it for that price.

The LT8S requires 2 bosch 008 ignitors, and I recommend installing a Delco airtemp sensor.
I'm not sure if the LT8S is available with inbuilt ignitors.

Apart from that, no extra sensors were used.
It was all plug and play (or so to speak)

Will be under 2k bought, installed, and tuned. Unless they charge exorberent (sp?) installation costs

Oh, and the factory ISCV cannot be used (I'm not 100% sure if the new LT10S can do it though).
But I am using one off a 4AGE 20V motor, and the ecu is programmed for this.

The LT10 isnt on the website and neither is a dealer by state list.

I can see on the site that new ignitors will need to be purchased.
LT-8 - $1050
LTx-8s - $1095

LTx-8s sounds like the better option

Im an an Electronics Tech so can fit it out no probs.

What is an ISCV?

ISCV = idle speed control valve.

The stock 1uz is that black thing at the front of the plenum.
Like most Toyota's it uses a 6 wire stepper, but microtech cant control it (at least the LT8 series cant).
So I have one of a 20V 4age which is working happily.

i wire up microterchs from 400 if car is runnin
and 600 if theres nothing on the engine

the x in the ltx8 means it comes with ignitors

so if u get an ltx10s all u really need is an air temp sensor

the small plasitc one from a corolla will do
otherwise a camira one

sideshow said:
i wire up microterchs from 400 if car is runnin
and 600 if theres nothing on the engine

the x in the ltx8 means it comes with ignitors

so if u get an ltx10s all u really need is an air temp sensor

the small plasitc one from a corolla will do
otherwise a camira one
The LTX-10s isnt on the Microtech website...

What are the benifits of this over the LTX-8s?
Arent you based out of western sydney?

I havent heard the engine running that im getting at Easter.. Thats an added blurry area to my conquest of getting the engine running again. It doesnt come with a harness or standard ECU either...
Just have my foingers crossed that it will start with no hassles

Another ECU to consider is the Wolf3D V4 Plus, the plus can run the factory stepper motor by using only 4 of the 6 wires, which converts the stepper motor to bi-polar instead of uni-polar but will still work exactly the same as factory. It can be had for $1400-1500 without the hand controller. Tuning costs will be around the same as the microtech. I can send you a map that will get it all running if you choose the Wolf3D.

The biggest bit of advice though is to pick the tuner you want first, see what they recommend and are comfortable tuning. No point going and getting say a Wolf3D but your tuner uses mainly Haltech and Microtech. Most ECU's around the $1000 - 1500 mark are about the same, they all have things that arn't perfect but they are at the cheaper end of the market.

Good advice.

The only tuner of aftermarket ECus near where i will be doing my conversion is CAPA, and they primarily deal with Haltech and MoTeC.
The Haltech E6x is $1200 for the unit but i think i need to use Haltech sensors not the originals. So there is an additional cost for there sensors

I spoke to a guy at Just Engine Management (out near Moorebank) to find out if the Haltech E6X can be used successfully on the 1uzfe with the original Toyota sensors.

The only ones that he recommended be replaced by Haltech items were the:
TPS (throttle position sensor??) $90
Map sensor $116 to $340.

To promote Haltech he said its the only unit on the market(around that price) that will work with the standard idle control.???
Recommended Haltech over Microtech due to the higher sampling rate.

So considering my closest tuner is the renowned 'CAPA' and they deal with Haltech, i think that will be my choice.

By the way, im installing my 1uzfe into a 1979 VW Kombi.

Haltech is a step above Microtech, the price reflects that.

Of course you need to use the Haltech Map sensor, the stock ecu doesn't have one.

But from memory, they use Delco/Bosch ones.

Interesting that they use the Haltech TPS, I would say that all TPS's are identical, or at least the Haltech should be able to use the Toyota one.

ISCV control is no surprise, Haltech has more outputs. But Wolf DOES control it, and Wolf is cheaper.

No, not speaking from experience, but I just see the Haltech sensor having the same bolt pattern and butterfly pattern at the 1uz one, but I could be wrong.

They may very well have a bolt on replacement.