Search results

1. T

Looking for a US car dismantler.....

Hi guys. I need a bit of help finding a reputable vehicle dismantler in the US, preferably in the LA area... I am looking for a front diff from a Montero for my project. The particular diff was only sold in one model year Pajero here in NZ so are rare as hens teeth, but apparently every second...
  2. T

Hi Stall Converters

That's a good point... Over the years I have taught myself to 'left foot brake' with an auto and plan to use the brakes /accelerator to control forward speed in those situations. That was a major factor in the choice of an auto box. To make that easier I am modifying the standard manual 3 pedal...
  3. T

Hi Stall Converters

Hey guys. I'm looking for options for a Hi stall convertor, with the lockup, for a 4x4 conversion. Is the Lextreme converter still available, I can't find any links to it now, and if not what other options are there? Cheers...
  4. T

Where are you located?

Yeah right.....!! LOL.... And your a Kiwi too! Probably need a separate thread to explore that discussion properly... To add insult to injury I own one of those bloody GTR's too!!!!!!!!
  5. T

Where are you located?

Looks like a lot of the Aussies on here are Kiwi's...:naughty:
  6. T

Wastegate have enough flow?

A wastegate size should be determined by the amount of exhaust gas it needs to bypass to maintain the boost level. A turbo working at, or near, its potential will need to bypass relatively little exhaust and will need a small wastegate, even if it is a 1000hp monster. Reduce the boost pressure...
  7. T

Twin Intake for Twin Turbo

As stated above I have one of these manifolds for my RB30DETT. The taper on this manifold is there to allow clearance for the brake booster rather than for flow reasons. In fact the taper may well adversely affect the balance between the ports as they have a known imbalance problem. No 6 flows...
  8. T

1UZ auto bellhousing to manual trans.

I would be very interested to find out exactly what the differences are as I have an A350 trans I was planning to use with the earlier bellhousing. I haven't tried a bellhousing on it yet but was told it was the same as the A340...??? Will dig it out over the weekend and do a trial fit...
  9. T

Monaro Stearing

Love the alternator bracket,,,LOL Gotta be up there with No 8 wire and baling twine... Love the old Monaro's, very cool...
  10. T

Porting and polishing heads on the 1uz's..

jibbby, check this out... http://www.v-eight.com/
  11. T

Twin Intake for Twin Turbo

I have one of the GRedddy intakes (the last photo) for my RB30DETT. With the Nissan RB motors the stock intake has not been a restriction up to ~300kw. Around that point the boost can be increased without producing a significant increase in power. These intakes are good for 500kw+ at the wheels.
  12. T

Turbo ITB?

The big power GTR's you are refering to are drag racers where throtle response is less imprtant, WOT or nothing...! On the street or a circut, ITB's are superior.
  13. T

Largest known engine bore on a Xuz-fe?

This is often called 'grouting' and I have seen it done to SBC's. It uses a special compound to fill the block water jacket up to the botton of the frost plugs. The aim is to strengthen the lower part of the block and stabilise the lower part of the cylinders to resist movement and cracking. The...
  14. T

Supra vs. Skyline

AAhhhhh... the GT40... My favorite car of all....
  15. T

Supra vs. Skyline

The R32 was the first GTR, 1989-1994, and sell for $25k to $30k here. If you just want a track car they can be had for $10K as a fresh import as they no longer meet the frontal impact standards and can't be registered. Either way they are huge value... R33's are $35k and a good used R34 can be...
  16. T

Supra vs. Skyline

The standard GTR's were hamstrung by the unspoken Japanese 206kw power limit, as were all the other manufacturers. A R32 GTR only needs a decent exhaust, decent intercooler, filter and cold air intake, and turn the boost up on the stock turbo's to produce 400hp. Minimal mods ($2,000??) for a...
  17. T

Supra vs. Skyline

I am sure that in the wide open spaces of the US the Corvette or Supra would be as good as the Skyline. They have better aerodynamics and aren't carrying the extra weight or drag of the 4WD system. The Supra is, more often than not, the choice for 200mph+ midnight runs on the freeways in Japan...
  18. T

Supra vs. Skyline

The Supra is a nice car but no match for a Skyline GTR... Each model GTR has set the production car lap record on the Nurburgring and I think the R34 still has it. Check out this video of a street registered R34GTR on road tyres (17 mins of it) and watch the speedo, it is in miles per...
  19. T

1UZ-FE Pros and Cons

To settle the argument 'There is no replacement for displacement' once and for all take a look at the following website. Think Ultima GTR with 980 ish HP, a well built twin turbo 1UZ, and take a look at the video's on this site. Low tech pushrod chev V8s, with FI, built as daily driver...
  20. T

Twin Turbo 1UZ in a Torana

Check out this transplant... http://www.gmh-torana.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11425 Should be a killer combo...