Turbo ITB?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Anyone use this combo yet? I noticed ITB system makes some crazy N/A power, but how would they perform with turbo forcing air into them?

Attachments

• IMG_3310.JPG
    IMG_3310.JPG
    199.6 KB · Views: 3
I was thinking of running an ITB setup and have a large plenum ontop of them which I can feed the turbo into.. I think the ITB,s might be a little restricted tho.. Unless you coulkd find some big enough..

Works very well, just look once again to the Nissan GTR and Nissan Pulsar GTi-R.

Very hard to get right with a MAP based ECU though as a good MAP signal is very hard to get. The throttles move so much air on even slight position change that a MAP based system just can't keep up. Some of the better systems use a 'blend' function to merge both TPS and MAP signals which apparently works but i have no personal experience.

Best left to race cars i reckon.

My daily driver is a GTiR and and very inpressed with the throttle response I get out of it. I was thinking of going down the route of adapting these throttle bodies to the v8 but thought it might be to much work seing as there are kits already available.

Judd.

all big power GTR's run a single TB.
If you are after power just use a single is you are after on and off response on a race track itbs are the go.

all big power GTR's run a single TB.
If you are after power just use a single is you are after on and off response on a race track itbs are the go.

All good up to a point.

When you need to beat the opposition, you need every bit of help you can get.
When more boost does not increase bhp where do you go from there?

Bigger turbo! just look at the current fastest street tyre GTR in OZ .
he was running 9.1s with a HKS T51 (over 30 psi)now with his change to a GT47(under 25psi)hes run a 8.69 the second fastest time in the world.

Bigger turbo! just look at the current fastest street tyre GTR in OZ .
he was running 9.1s with a HKS T51 (over 30 psi)now with his change to a GT47(under 25psi)hes run a 8.69 the second fastest time in the world.

I am not under estimateing his achievement but when he has 70 psi and the biggest turbo, and the opposition goes faster, where does he go from there ?

The big power GTR's you are refering to are drag racers where throtle response is less imprtant, WOT or nothing...!

On the street or a circut, ITB's are superior.

ITBs can also be a dog on the street if they are not correctly sized.
What is the question being asked?
are they good for power?response?selling cars?

The AER 2.0L and P32T le mans engines, they use rollerbarrel throttles and the olde DFC cossies had seperate butterflyes. TRD also did on the 20v turbo's

Holeshot has tested a 550hp hayabusa turbo engine with ITB's and with common plenum chamber differences after remapping where very small so if it's worth the bother remains the question. Erol is right, if they are winning and you're not.....

I looks nice and that might sell a car, but mapping would be pretty tricky on the lower RPM band, but doable all the motorcycle turbo crew are doing it....

Grtz Thomas