Supra vs. Skyline

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
:love: OH my god this thing is soo sexy.. Damn.. Why can't we have skyline over here in the US.:crying:

Lol Jibby, don't ever mess with a Skyline, it will eat you for breakfast, damn nice cars, would you argue with this? :p

GTR_NUR_R34_11.jpg

GTR_NUR_R34_21.jpg

i have seen a R34 Skyline in the US. i believe it was imported. beautiful car, i wish i had one.

I really hope you are joking, the SHO doent even come close to comparing to a GTR maybe close to one of the lesser model 4 door skylines.

the GN stock for stock would pull on a GTR in a straight line race and i guess modded would always give the GTR a run. but i wouldnt even dream about taking a GN around a corner at anything more then normal traffic speeds. the GTR on the other hand is a very refined car although a whole lot of computers help keep it stable.

american car makers still havent figured out that turning is kinda a reqired thing for a car to do at some point in its life.

Oh, I know the GN can't handle worth peanuts, but they do bolt in a straight when slightly modified... They also possess some lowend torque as well... I was just throwing out a couple of decent American motors (6 bangers) that are comparible some what... I still like the 2JZ's better so don't get me wrong...

John,
Skyline is the best engine that Nissan has ever made, except a couple of super cars that Nissan built in the past. Many Inifinity G35 and Nissan 350Z owners dumped the brand new stock engines and swapped them with the Skyline engines. The stock Skyline engine can make more than 500 whp easily with just swapping to a larger turbo. In 2009, Nissan will officially import the brand new Skyline to the U.S. This new Skyline costs up to $170,000 with around 500 hp stock.

I really hope you are joking, the SHO doesnt even come close to comparing to a GTR maybe close to one of the lesser model 4 door skylines.

the GN stock for stock would pull on a GTR in a straight line race and i guess modded would always give the GTR a run. but i would even dream about taking a GN around a corner at anything more then normal traffic speeds. the GTR on the other hand is a very refined car although a whole lot of computers help keep it stable.

American car makers still haven't figured out that turning is kinda a required thing for a car to do at some point in its life.
AGREE 1000% Keep in mind the Nissan GTR came out mid 80's... The Supra a more modern shape...Go back to earlier Supra and the GTR stands supreme... The group A cars couldn't catch it.. Even though the authorities did a Phar Lap on it....Std a GTR runs the 1/4 in low 12's....

Great find on the video... The car is amazing and with a driver to match. Just awesome...

The Supra is a nice car but no match for a Skyline GTR...

Each model GTR has set the production car lap record on the Nurburgring and I think the R34 still has it.

Check out this video of a street registered R34GTR on road tyres (17 mins of it) and watch the speedo, it is in miles per hour!!!

http://video.google.nl/videoplay?docid=5315529841049144795&q=nordschleife+skyline

No need to be sorry Jibby just be aware that 90% of the stuff in the world worth seeing isn't in the US ;)

Justen that is a harsh statement that isn't realistic in my humble opinion. However, you are entitled to your opinion on these forums......

I can safetly say, American made motors produce the most power from Drag racing to track racing on the whole for the last 5 decades.. I don't see too many Japaness big blocks motors keeping up with the Big block made American motors. The American made Chevy small block LSx motors etc... kick arse as well.. . Although the new 7.4 liter LS Chevy Corvette motor I don't think is a small block motor....

We Americans can still make some decent stuff once in a while... Ever heard of the GT500 Fords, Chevy Corvette's, Dodge Vipers, etc...? Outside of the car stuff, we have decent clothing lines, good foods, nice looking women, good places to visit that really are worth seeing... Ever heard of the Grand Canyon? Alaska and Florida are nice to see too.. I can go on and on...

Now if you would have said 90% of the stuff being made out of China is not worth seeing I may have to agree with you on that....

Justen it sounds to me like you have not broadened your horizons outside of the Japaness motor industry... Big mistake my freind as a few of those above mentioned American cars and motors I just mentioned with some mod's would blow the doors off some mod'd Supra's and these skylines aswell.... Have you ever seen a twin turbo'd Corvette roar down the track and blow away the competition? It sounds like a jet and moves almost as fast as one too... I have seen a couple and they don't get worked over in races very often on the track, strip and or streets to import cars and exotics as well......

Steve and James - The Skyline motors however do sound amazing....I need to read up on them...Nissan hmmmmm......

Um some 2J's are running in low 7's at our strip [world wide possibly lower?]and they are only 3 ltr...making over 1500 h.p....
Not easy to compare .. In drag racing the rules keep most EFI or ECU controlled motors out....Broaden your horizon, there are some quick 200b's out there too... The GTR makes an everage driver a very good one...

Justen that is a harsh statement that isn't realistic in my humble opinion. However, you are entitled to your opinion on these forums......

I can safetly say, American made motors produce the most power from Drag racing to track racing on the whole for the last 5 decades.. I don't see too many Japaness big blocks motors keeping up with the Big block made American motors. The American made Chevy small block LSx motors etc... kick arse as well.. . Although the new 7.4 liter LS Chevy Corvette motor I don't think is a small block motor....

We Americans can still make some decent stuff once in a while... Ever heard of the GT500 Fords, Chevy Corvette's, Dodge Vipers, etc...? Outside of the car stuff, we have decent clothing lines, good foods, nice looking women, good places to visit that really are worth seeing... Ever heard of the Grand Canyon? Alaska and Florida are nice to see too.. I can go on and on...

Now if you would have said 90% of the stuff being made out of China is not worth seeing I may have to agree with you on that....

Justen it sounds to me like you have not broadened your horizons outside of the Japaness motor industry... Big mistake my freind as a few of those above mentioned American cars and motors I just mentioned with some mod's would blow the doors off some mod'd Supra's and these skylines aswell.... Have you ever seen a twin turbo'd Corvette roar down the track and blow away the competition? It sounds like a jet and moves almost as fast as one too... I have seen a couple and they don't get worked over in races very often on the track, strip and or streets to import cars and exotics as well......

Steve and James - The Skyline motors however do sound amazing....I need to read up on them...Nissan hmmmmm......

Take a chill pill mate, notice the wink - ;) ????

As for the statement nothing harsh about it at all and probably conservatively in favour of the US....more likely 95% of stuff in the world worth seeing AIN'T in the US. That's not being down on the US, just pointing out it's a big planet. Was just talking generally, it's a big wide interesting world my friend and sad that US culture self restricts itself so much....having been to the US many times i'm speaking from experience not just out my butt.

Not sledging, but the fact you, as a motorhead, had never heard of the Skyline GTR kinda proves my point don't you think? Even the cars you point to are US market only, with a tiny dribble getting OS.

I enjoy cars from all places and the variety different markets produce. If anything my bias would be UK and US kits cars.

Didn't think i would touch such a nerve so happy to let it drop

Um some 2J's are running in low 7's at our strip [world wide possibly lower?]and they are only 3 ltr...making over 1500 h.p....
Not easy to compare .. In drag racing the rules keep most EFI or ECU controlled motors out....Broaden your horizon, there are some quick 200b's out there too... The GTR makes an everage driver a very good one...

Hey am a fan of all good motors, import and domestic I don't care...Especially the ones that kick arse and are built to hold massive power...GTR included... I am fully aware of the potential of a properly boosted 2JZ Supra, they can rip no dought...However here in the US I know for fact there is whole lot of rediculously fast Vette's roaming around and other American muscle cars that can keep up with even the fastest of the couple of Supra's that you are refering too.....My horizons are broadened... I just really enjoy fast cars whether it be a Vette, Lexus, Skyline, Ford, Porsche, Farrari, Mercedes, etc..

Keep in mind just about any motor can be built to hold massive horse power if there is a strong will and some funds to back that will... So arguing what engine or cars can go faster is just really a matter of liter size, internally built motor strength, engine flow, boost application, tuning and also the cars gearing, traction and weight... However, some cars and engines are more commonly built with greater success then others, and the costs and results can differ as well...

All i have to say is i wish my skyline was a GTR with traction, in torrential rain after work today i came onto boost round a corner not thinking and snapped side ways, cought it, then thinking i was all good backed off the throttle and snapped back the other way sending me off the road up a kerb side ways. luckily i haven't destroyed my rims. there heavily scratched tho lol.

oh well live and learn. luckily it was on a back road and no one was hurt, i just looked like and idiot. i should have got some pics of my car covered in sand and grass. after a work mate found me and pulled me back onto the road with a chain.

chris

Mate, just glad you are okay, that *really* is the most important thing.....

Okay it's not a Skyline but years and years ago I spun my Fiat Punto (mk1) going around a roundabout, it was wet, I made a mistake, I just miss judged it... I damn near hit the wall and mounted a curb flinging grass and mud everywhere.

It was a front wheel drive car with 55bhp (yes 55!) and what got me was the back end coming around....in a front wheel drive car....

We've all made mistakes, it is most important that we are okay and then hopefully learn from them :)

By the way I couldn't see your picture. :(

Are we talking close calls now in the rain?

I was in my first car when I was 17 years old...It was a slightly modified Chevy Nova SS (A classic now) and cruising about 50mph on completely rainy and wet street (two lanes only) and a big dog bolted out in front of me..:shock: .What do I do next? :eek:mfg: I slam the brakes and start spinning (missed the dog) and a complete loss of control.:17: I spun around 3 and half times down this two lane street and miraculously avoided hitting parked cars on both sides...One of most amazing and lucky experiences I have ever had...:fing02:

I slid out and spun in the snow around turns a few times in my older modified FJ40 Land Cruiser near cliffs...(no chains, drrrrr) That was deathly scary stuff..:yikes: . I've must say I have been truly blessed...:smokin: