You never know who you run into ina big city !!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

XR8tt

Went to the local pic and pay the other day...
There was a gentleman driving a small car with P plates on it..
I said something along the lines "young P platter"
You wouldn't know it was one of the gentlemen who posts on here..
Small world at times..
Rev heads seem to congregate at the same places aha...
Shocked me big time, he knew my name...
I thought for a second I was going to get grief about P platters... Lol...

Ok I ‘fess up it was me!

I always leave my son’s P plates on so he gets the blame for my bad driving.

For non-Australians the P is for drivers who are in the first three years of driving. It restricts how fast they can drive and how many people they can carry at certain hours.

After a year on their red P plates they sit a theory test on hazard perception then move onto green P plates for another 2 years with specific speed limits.

You’re limited in what you can drive when on your P/P plates. No V8’s no turbos (except diesels) and certain limits on high performance 6’s. Fairly onerous.

A couple of weeks before he sat his driving test he drove my Range Rover with 600+hp and the day before his licence test he drove his Mum’s SLK55 with around 350hp. Now he has his licence he drives a Volkswagen Polo.

I hope Graeme found what he wanted. I was after a smaller overflow tank for my car as I’ve run out of room under the bonnet. Got one of a Volvo. How embarassing!

You can take your driving test in a V8 and if you get your licence you cannot drive it home with your new P plate licence. P platers are allowed to drive cars with up to 200KW which is more power than a stock 1UZ and more power than some turbo cars.
I was quite taken with a sign seen in Sydney some years ago which read
"Young driver alert
Check speed
Keep licence"

I should have mentioned a red P plate driver can amass 3 points before losing their licence.

3 points is almost the minimum fine for any transgression. Speeding below 10km over the limit has just ben reduced to 1 point. He's made 5 months without a scratch or offence so hopefully he'll get there. Not like his dad who, 40 years ago, lost his licence twice whilst on P plates!

Aha Rod have you told him that ???
I know of 30 year olds still on there green P's due to loosing licence through demerit points... Just not having the P plate and miner discrepancy will loose licence....
Some P platters deserve what they get!! But at times I think some are picked on...
Imo due to pocket rocket cars these days that have very good performance the youg inexperianced drivers are having some really bad accidents..
Should all learn in an old Volvo or Hi Ace where you really learn to drive!!
But no one is going to be seen driving one of them!!!

Last edited:
My boy's know of my bad past.

I nearly killed my best mate 7 days after getting my first licence.

If I hadn't demanded that he wear a seat belt he would have died on the 31st October 1969!

I agree new cars are quicker than anything we drove as kids and now our children are paying for it.

Attachments

• solenoids uzs131boxpinoutsqk2.jpg
    solenoids uzs131boxpinoutsqk2.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 35