wrx gearbox?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

340i

Hi,

Has anyone adapted (or know of someone who has) a wrx gearbox to the 1uz? I'm talking about the 5 speed version, not the 6 speed btw. (and yes, I'm very aware of how weak they are compared to other transaxle options).

Cheers

I think a WRX with a UZ would be a real scream, especially keeping the AWD. It probably wouldn't make as much top end HP as the little blown 2.5l opposed 4 banger, but the torque that it would have........

!

I've replaced 3 engines for my 99 GC8 STI. I'm thinking about this swap now!!

the subaru engine is good but can't hold the high rev... in my STI the limiter is on 8K RPM. 30 second on 8K can kill the crank bearings.

but, if you measure the length of the 1uz engine with the stock wrx trans ... you will face a problem with radiator ... what you think?

There was a thread on here a few years ago of a Subaru Liberty with a 1UZ so it must be possible.

The radiator would fit in the boot quite nicely. You have to think outside the sqare sometimes.

If they can fit a V8 in old Mini's http://www.spagweb.com/v8mini/ a WRX should be a walk in the park.

Have read of the Doris thread some nice ghetto engineering there.

There will be issues like any adaption but anything is possible. We have sorted a few adaptors now and the WRX would be just the same stuff. Weather it is a cut and weld bellhouings or making adaptor plates. You sorted removing the rear output shaft?? most of the thime we are removing the front diff. Or have you consided one of the Renualt boxes that are often used in this sort of application. I was wondering what you where on until I watched the videos. Good luck with that one. Cheers