wierd brake sound, please help sc400 95'

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

WUKWS

icon1.gif
i have had all rotors and pads changed. Calipers are still stock and one hardware kit had to be changed also. Since this repair I have a sound coming from the rear wheels when I brake. Kinds of sounds like a duck quaking. I have taken off the wheels and checked the rotors and pads and there are no marks other than normal wear. Sometimes I feel the brakes grab when I coming to a complete stop, but that may be to my hard braking habit. Though the braking is still strong and feels normal. You can feel the noise in the pedal as the the tire rotates. This noise only happens when I am braking and coming to a complete stop. Cant find what it is, please help.

When the rotors were replaced did they index them with a dial indicator.
Although rotor runout usually presents itself as pedal pulsation rather than a strange noise.
Maybe there is a duck stuck to one of your wheels?

wukws, i had the same problem on a car once, the new shoes needed bedding in they were glazed on the surface, a quick 1/2 mile with the foot held on the brakes a few times to get the pads good and hot sorted it.

Regards
Lambo

I am going to try and take everything off and grease evrything again, but could it be a suspension problem or maybe a bad hardware kit. It has been going on for 5mths now only getting worse, but sometimes it does it, and sometimes it does not. Usually when the car has been running for awhile. You know when you let of the brake a little when your a complete stop and it makes that rubbing noise its like that but it pulsates and then stops right before I come to a complete stop. I think new calipers and hardware kitts are in order, after i take everything off and put it back together. I will find it thru a process of elimination.

thx for everyones replies

WUKWS said:
I am going to try and take everything off and grease evrything again, but could it be a suspension problem or maybe a bad hardware kit. It has been going on for 5mths now only getting worse, but sometimes it does it, and sometimes it does not. Usually when the car has been running for awhile. You know when you let of the brake a little when your a complete stop and it makes that rubbing noise its like that but it pulsates and then stops right before I come to a complete stop. I think new calipers and hardware kitts are in order, after i take everything off and put it back together. I will find it thru a process of elimination.

thx for everyones replies
When I first bought my SC used, I had a lot of problems with its brake and it took me times going through individual steps to fix it. There're several potential problems to that.

First, check all the shim plates to see if they're all flat and still have the black coating for the inner shim and the shiny stainless steel for the outer. If they don't seem normal, it's time to replace them. As with factory instruction, only lube the shims when they face together, and not lube the side the shim faces the pad or the caliper. However, I lubed everything and it felt good. It's up to you. Don't use the sticky lube. They suck!

Second, are there any anti-squeal springs or pad support plates missing?

Third, are there any dust boots of sliding pins (these are located inside the torque plate that's held by 2 bolts behind the rotor) torn or cracked? If they don't seem to hold tight, replace them. Grease the sliding pins, too. If this grease is dried, you'll feel the brake jerk or rub the car when you brake it.

Fourth, buy caliper repair kit and replace everything.

Fifth, machine the rotor or buy the good pads if the above solutions didn't solve your problem.

Sixth, all those little parts from Lexus are ridiculously expensive so get ready.