Why would a 1uzfe headgasket blow?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Comrade_Charlie

I found a 1uz for 50 bucks with a blown headgasket, i want to get it, but first I want to find the commons reasons why a 1uz would blow... or what messed up on the engine to make it blow. im new to the 1uz, im used to 80s nissan v6s which dont blow headgaskets(stock nissan graphite ones) EVER, 26 head bolts close together will do that.

But why would a 1uz blow a headgasket? Only thing I can think of is it ran hot? I ran my nissan v6 hot like 5 times and nothing happened. if it ran hot it would need to be machined to make the block and head flat again right?

And would just replacing it without maching be smart? if it didnt blow from overheating.

How much are stock headgaskets from toyota? I dont like felpro, you can blow a felpro HG in a nissan v6 because they are iron block, aluminum head, so the head and block expands at different rates and different temps. and the felpro one just sticks to both(head and block and blows, stock nissan is graphite which works very well. My stock headgasket is at 260+K miles and been running 15psi. but enough about my nissan and felpro rant on this lexus forum LOL.

Pull out a mechanics straight edge and measure your head tolerances and block tolerances, thats the only way to check if it's warped. Check side to side, diagonally and cris-cross. If you have more than .003-.005'' it prob just needs a resurface. Since uz is aluminum it CAN warp at high temps as compared to iron (much lower melting point). General rule 1uz will last 300k if not severely abused, they take abuse well and a general HG failure isn't too common.

Oem gaskets are graphite with o-rings and you have MLS cometic gaskets which are $150 a set. Best off just getting a rebuild kit from Lex and patching it up.

My stock HG's finally went after I added a blower at 200,000 (unopened engine) and was unaware of my engine over revving to 7k but thats just stupid mistakes lol.

I dont know, some idiot kid probably had it or something and blew it, 50 bucks I cant beat it. dude wants 200 for everything I need to use it for a swap but I only have 50 right now, I got a friend thats susposed to buy my maxima for 300 bucks in 3 days... so hopefully Ill be able to get everything.

whats the stock red line on these motors?

the funny thing about the guy wanting 200 bucks for everything is that he wants 50 for the starter and driveshaft. the starter is under the intake isnt it LOL, im not pulling that crap off.(engine is still in car).and 150 for everythign else, engine, trans, ecu, maf, any wiring I need.

if I get it within a week or two ill pull it apart and look for where it blew, and ill post pictures, if it is a blown headgasket.

I don't know why he would want the starter so bad, maybe high output unit?. And even if it's blown for $50 it's still a good deal because a resurface and HG's are usually all thats needed. Stock redline is like 6200. Do you know what year it was out of?

It is a 1993, I dont think he knows where the starter is, I just told him I needed the engine, ecu, wiring, starter, trans, driveshaft, and maf, he just told me 50 for engine, ecu and wiring, 50 for starter and driveshaft, 50 for maf, and 50 for transmission. I think he was just throwing prices on stuff... im not going to say anything, im not sure how hard it is to take out or what not... going to sell some ae86 crap on ebay and see where I get money wise, he said he would hold on to the car for a few weeks