Which Sc Do You Like Out Of These?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
JamesN said:
Nice ride steve, How low are you riding?? Can you tell me how many inches is your bumper to the ground? Thanks.
Hey James,
I'm running 245/40/18 all around. The fender gap is about 5/8", and the bumper's bottom to the ground is about 6". I scratch the front bumper's bottom many times at very low/high driveways. Especially in the parking lot with the cement stopping block, I have to use the left rear view mirror's bottom and visualize a line where the front bumper might hit the cement block. I'm doing ok with it now, unless I'm distracted by something else or in a hurry. However, the pay-off is the awesome handling from the lowering and the look of the front bumper. I wish that the front bumper's bottom would get shorter for at least 3". That way, the front tires would pick up the dips, bumps, or blocks quicker, and thus the front bumper doesn't have to go all the way first. You can see that many "Be My Woman" with very low front bumpers having no problems like mine.

Best regards,

Attachments

• 3uzfe.JPG
    3uzfe.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 2
Thanks Steve, my car is probably lowered like yours and I'm afraid it might scratch too much for me to get around if I get a kit like that. But on the other hand the kit does look really nice.

Hey James,

I agreed. But I always have a spray paint can to touch up the scratch...hah..hah..hah. You know that we can drive zig-zag to prevent the front bumper to scratch at driveways. I thought about installing the sensor for the front that will "beep" when I drive close to the cement stopping block. This sensor is like those you see on the luxury cars' rear bumpers for backing up, and it has distance adjustment in feet, too. It costs about $45 on Ebay.

One more thing, if you have a coilover system instead of lowering springs, the scratch will be less at dips/bumps due to the shorter shock bodies, stiffer springs, and less bounces up and down. I see there's a great improvement after I switched from the Tanabe/Tokico setup to the Tein Super Street.

JamesNSC4 said:
Ok, Here you go buddy. Not as nice as yours, but please tell me if i should go with Kit or 97 conversion. Thanks
Wow! It's clean and toned, especially with those staggered rims. I thought to myself: "Will my car look nice like James's without a bodykit?" And I said: "No, James's car is much nicer." :veryhappy To be honest with you, I have a desire for body kit even though it's a SC, Supra, Mercedez Benz CL55 or SL500, Acura NSX, M3...etc. In general, I like modifications to the car.

The 97 conversion only is still very nice. And if you want to add some tones to it, there's a kit that only adds a lower lip to the front bumper. I remember you mentioned you like this kit. That way, you'll retain the short stock front bumper and not scratch the lower front bumper. My bodykit's front is longer than stock. And then you might install the body kit's side skirts and the rear without buying the whole 97 conversion kit.

These body kits are what I like: JIC, Vertex, AutoCouture, and their copied versions....hah..hah..hah. When you get a kit, ask the seller if the kit's surface is smooth and not wavy. Mine is little bit wavy for the rear bumper.

Thanks Guys. You guys are too kind. I just wash my car and wax it thats all Jibby. I probably repaint the whole car once I put on my 97 conversion. I'll do that as soon as I finish my current project.
Steve, do you know anyone selling a fake AC kit?? I really like the AC kit but it cost too much. If there's a fake kit for it I might try it, but 97 conversion is still a sure bet for me.

James and John, or any SC lovers,
I'm wondering if you guys want to start a Group Buy for the body kit in a few months. I'm not ready now, but I'll be soon. That would be 3 of us already. And we need 7 guys more. I know a prof. shop that can make a body kit as we design for around $650/each kit, maybe less like $600. I'm sure we can come up with some designs. I'm posting a few designs of what our SCs would look like. What do you think?

1) Front: We can keep the design similar as the AC kit, but in one piece instead of just the lower lip. It's because we want to retain the nice & distinctive shape of the SC.

2) Side skirts: We can take the advantage of the wide space right below the door for the air passage as on the Ferrari in the picture. Also, the side skirts will tuck out maybe 0.5" or 0.75" to match up with the tires and balance the whole look. Of course this air passage is just for look, and not like the real Ferrari.

3) Rear: We can make our SC similar to the Lambo in yellow. However, I've already drawn the caved-in shapes of the rear based on the JIC lower lip with the stock SC bumper. You can either cut out the shapes and put a black, silver, or white grille behind them. It's easy. Of course, this rear bumper should be in a whole piece.

I can really imagine this whole body kit will be "KICK-ASS" body kit. And for sure it'll turn heads. Any inputs, guys?

James,
I don't know who can have that copied AC kit. You should have let me know earlier because about a week ago, I found a guy selling an authentic AC kit for only $1500 on Ebay. And now it's gone. The MSRP of the AC kit is $2500.

Attachments

• ra40.jpg
    ra40.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 3
  • ra40.1.jpg
    ra40.1.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 3
  • ra40rim.jpg
    ra40rim.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 3
I'm down with making the kit steve. And I can bring some more people in on this too. Your design looks good except the rear. I'm don't really like holes for the rear. We should start working of a draft design and go on from there.

JamesNSC4 said:
I'm down with making the kit steve. And I can bring some more people in on this too. Your design looks good except the rear. I'm don't really like holes for the rear. We should start working of a draft design and go on from there.
Sure, no problem. Let me know how you want it to be. Actually I don't mean the real holes. They're just caved-in from the bumper's center and flattened out to the sides smoothly. Yeah, I'd like only 2 rectangle slots near the license plate. I forgot to attach the fenders..heh..heh..heh. The fenders might be slighly different from the Ferrari. We can work it out anyhow.

Superlex1, holy crap thats nice! It looks so nice and clean, what kind of rims did you put on that, and how big are they?

And JamesNSC4 man yours too! sooo niceeee. Im not too huge on the body kits, i just love the clean stock look, and only lowered with some rims and minor adjustments such as lights and stuff like that.

attachment.php

What size are these wheels?!?!?!? soo nice!