Where to take out water to turbo

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

200sx-v8

Does anyonw have a good idea where to take out the waterlines to the cooling of a turbo?

And where to return it to the engine.

Was thinking of drilling and taping a hole on the bridge between the heads both in front and the back.

IIRC, the 2JZ-GTE takes water for the turbos from a point on the oil cooler, then returns it to a main return "header" which collects water from the TB, oil cooler, etc. and this gets piped to a fitting on the water pump, which is like an external suction port.

I may have Toyota's flow diagram of this somewhere if that would help?

The easiest way to get water to cool the turbo is located about the thermostat. There is a 20mm screw of so. Perhaps u can use a benjo from it. However, I think its will make your engine look very ugly. Lines coming off the top of the engine. Yuck

I welded a small block of aluminium to the rear bridge between the heads then drilled and tapped it, and used the 2 coolant drains on either side of the block for the return lines.

Hillbilly have you ever checked the temperature at each of your cooling hoses. I have my turbos for a jetboat want the run the water.
The cold water comes from the radiator and through the block then through the heads and out the top hose. This makes the drains low on the block colder than the rear cross over so hillbillies water system will work well but I suspect it may run from block to the cross over.
I have seen some late turbocharged Audis which use a fitting in a frost plug for a water supply - very simple. Cheers

I dont know if this is true for all water cooled turbos, but the ones I have had from factory are only to cool the turbo when the engine is turned off after a hard run, they dont do anything for cooling while running the car, but means you dont have to drive easy before you kill it or run a timer. Just a means to prolong life in a small way.

I dont know if this is true for all water cooled turbos, but the ones I have had from factory are only to cool the turbo when the engine is turned off after a hard run, they dont do anything for cooling while running the car, but means you dont have to drive easy before you kill it or run a timer. Just a means to prolong life in a small way.

What kind of factory turbo setups have you had that do such a thing. I have owed 6 different turbo charged cars and have never seen anything of that nature. Every thing that I have ever seen only flows water when the engine is running unless you have an electric water pump, in which case, you could run it even if the car is turned off, but I have never seen any factory car that had an electric pump.