what shell for 1gz swap?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

redrocco

I have been thinking about what I want to swap my 1GZ-FE into and due to not being able to see some of these cars in person I and unshure as to the size of the engine bay. For toyota I am. Thinking RA25 or RA28 celica, 1st or 2nd gen Soarer, MK3 supra. The celica's my first choise but the engine bay looks tiny in the pictures I have seen. Both the celica's and the Soarer's are almost impossible to find in the USA. I love my 1uz swapped MK3 supra and could find a shell easy enough but was kinda looking for a bit more "old school". I would like to use a toyota but the Datsun 260z or 280z may be my best option as they are not hard to find, can be had fairly cheep and have a huge engine bay.

Other posable cars

197_ skyline GT
Subaru SVX
Bradly GT kit car
????

Any thoughts or ideas or mesurements of celica engine bays are welcome.

Thanks.

These would be my picks, in no particular order:

MKII Celica/Supra with upsized wheels/rubber, etc.

MKIV Supra (at least you already know it fits - HKS did it in the late 90's)

Ford Capri

If you have deep pockets, maybe one of the 260Z/280Z based Ferrari 250 GTO replicas

If you're really nuts, come in with me on building a tubeframe, fiberglass DeTomaso Mangusta replica. The more people who are willing the share the risk, the greater the reward!

I looked at the altezza but they dident make a 2 door and they are to new. I wont buy a car made after 1995 for any reason. If a car is OBD1 or older (pre 1995) I can do basicly anything I want to it and it can be inspected and put on the road with no questions asked. OBD2 cars have to be pluged into the state computer and be scaned = no fun.
MK2 supra crossed my mind but crambo is doing that swap and I would just feal like I was copying him. He beat me to the MK2 supra so its his. Same for the MK4, its been done and with how few 1GZ swaps have been done I would like something unique.

As for budget I would like to find a fairly cleen rolling shell for $2000 to $5000 USD. I have had good luck in the past finding nice cars for under $1500. My MK3 supra was traded to me for a laptop that had cost me $100, my 1973 dodge charger took me 5 years and 3 owners to get but it became mine last fall for $1000 cash.
Would a 1GZ fit in a AE86? That's a sweet little car when done up right.

Was looking at more cars today and added 3000GT and 80's 300ZX to the list. I have always liked the early 3000GT and the 300ZX came with a digi dash and T tops both of witch are a plus in my book. I would have to say that at this moment the Datsun Z and the MK3 supra are at the top of the list due to availability of cheep shells and because I have direct access to both for measurements. I would love to use a RA25/RA28 but there hard to find and I just dont know what it would take to make the 1GZ fit, if it will at all.

Supra Mk3 & Mk4 will give you sump issues, Mk2 is more straight forward and built to take an engine of the same weight.

4cyl cars will need the firewall cut, recessed and and be a lil' heavy up front.

Z cars would be good, tho I'm not a fan of interbreeding. Mk2 is fine by me (note to self - hurry up and finish)

PS. Aus. has a Subaru Liberty with a 1GZ running (not driving just yet or the tubo's connected - check Youtube)