What make lextreme.com so successful?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
I started a few other forums since lextreme.com and they are all dead now. I wonder what makes this forum so successful or at least surviving. I think most sites/forums will live or die within the first two months. This forum is coming to be in its 4th year now and we are going very strong. We average about 1,300 unique visitors daily and over 90,000 hits a day with about 10-15 new members.

Many thanks to my moderators and super moderators for their expertise. Not to mention support from paid members and approved vendors to keep this site alive. I also would like to thank mybrainisimmense for his computer help. With less then 4 years we almost hit 4,000 members.

Keep up the good work everyone.

David

i think Toysrme said it right there but i will add that this is a place of open discussion and ideas without letting our posts and subject matter degrade into mudslinging, namecalling or widely off-topic subjects.

i also think it is fantastic that we don;t have an "off topic" or "anything goes" section - it only attracts dreamers, keyboard warriors and trouble makers. it also detracts from the idea behind the site which is outright performance and best maintenance, not which band you like or who gets good deals on ipods.

people can come on here and ask a question about a car - even if it isn't UZ or JZ related - and be confident in the fact that the reply they get will be constructive and helpful or if no help can be given they are given a direction in which to look.

it may be a big community - but we're a like-minded community with a main goal - to help each other out.

now break out the violins and pass me a bucket.... :yuck:

I know that today may have been the first time that when I typed "lextreme" on Google, that I wasn't asked if I had spelled it right.

Wow, 4,000, that's pretty good.

I think that this forum is extreme compared to all the others. (hence the name Lextreme). The marketing on Google and the other larger search engines is important and key to it's success. The name is catchy too. The term Extreme I used meening that this is a very intellegent forum and the main discussions mostly involve engine building, car mods, and or swap conversions, there is also some traces of innovation and creativity going on here. This is not just your oil changing, light bulb, tire pressure replacement type forums. That is why I gravitated to this forum and not the others. In addition, the main contributors to this forum really seem to know what they are talking about in regards to high performance builds, swaps, etc.... I also believe the Aussie based members really keep the web site going in my opinion. Those guys are the ones that really do it all with the Iuz..'s etc.., swaps, builds, you name it, and they seem to be one step ahead of everyone else. Then lastly I think that all the moderators and key members are absolutely brilliant on this forum, just a few that come to mind are JBrady, Peewee, Lowboost, Cowboy Bebop, Zuffen, pro240c, Coffee, Xirforever, SCV8, Lextreme, Toysrme, Blown sc, chrisman, Weasy, etc.. and many others, The list is long and my memory is short. Keep up the good work guys this forum rocks!!!!....:headbang:

Also... This is about the only group of people in the greater Toyota community, minus the supra crowd, this is one of the few places where you can find people that *actually* have the money, and intitative to back up serious modifications.

Man I just re-read my post and that was some serious ass kissing on my behalf....man :booty: But hey you guys have really inspired me and helped with my car mods more then you can even imagine. My thanks is too you and I must say my auto IQ has climbed big time in the last year being apart of this forum. So I say I ment every word I said.. and your welcome pro240c. Now get out the bucket again:tongue-ti

:puke:

That's not a confusing statement!
The people here have the money, and initiative to take on large projects. Most other communities do not have enough of either to really get into bigtime projects. *Especially* the "less common" subjects that people work on in the case of this forum (Toyota v8's).

I think all 10 (yes: TEN) people in the whole world that want modyfy UZ engine meeting there. That is key answer. Pity, that is only TEN people in whole big world. So we must help each other as much as we can because we are so rare :)
Jerry

I came here because I want to see if that statement on getting a 'previously loved' Lexus V8 for 300 dollars or so is possible with some junkyard detective work. Looks like I'll be staying, once I can get one, to learn about how to make it perform.

You're serving a niche that is very attractive to people who have needs that can be met by it, and by having an array of knowledgeable people, it encourages others to learn from it. :)

jtjerry I dunno where u got only 10 people from, there are hundereds of peeps on this fine forum into modin 1uz's me included, answer to the topic, its coz all youse guys an girls are so easy to answer silly questions without flack and prepared to share valuable info, that others would like to charge for, keep it up, especially you LEXTREME, coz without your commitment we would not be here

I like what everyone has said so far, what could i possibly add?

One thing that i would like to stress (because its something im so proud of this forum for doing) is how we keep it a warm and welcoming learning experience for everyone. We almost are always staying mature, and dont bash on poeple when they post novice things. We dont make it intimidating for people to join and post on here in fear of being ridiculed for their ideas or quesitons. Keep it up guys, good work!

ive found it to be a) about the only toyota/lexus v8 site i could find. b) a very friendly group. keeping a light and friendly crowd is definitely the key. this is one of very few forums you can go on to, have a different opinion on a subject and not get hung high. another thing is that the moderators and in particular, lextreme do a good job of actually staying active on the board. i find sites where the admin or moderators arent very active will deteriorate in a hurry. its a great site keep it up.:veryhappy

I think its pretty simple what makes Lextreme successful.. its lextreme.

You have the knowledge that the others dont, and the experience, and you share it here. You went turbo long before anyone else did, and blown, and then turbo again..

The quality of information here is unrivaled by any other lexus or uzfe site on the web, and the environment is just as good. People here stick to what they know which keeps the level of conversation high.

Everyone here follows Daves lead by being easy going and knowledgeable which leads to success. (It also doesn't hurt that you were already number 1 a few months into starting the forum)

The Forum has been very lucky!

Firstly it has excellent members but more inportantly we have (so far) avoided the Shcool kids who post idiotic comments and give bad advice. This eventually destroys a perfectly good Forum.

There are numerous Forums around where the level of knowledge is pretty low and some plainly stupid comments/advice are posted.

We all need to work at keeping the Forum as it was originally envisaged by David. A friendly knowledgable Forum where you won't get flamed for asking a simple question or making a mistake.

The members make good Forums so it's up to us to keep it what it is.