What CCA do I need?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Cobber

Looking at buying a battery for the cobra project, only thing is I don't have a lot of room to put a battery.

How much power do I need to start a 1uz? ie what CCA do I need. I am not running any other accesoiers other than normal lights.

850cca optima here, but thats powering supercharger, 6k stereo, battery relocation and I live in Colorado. My LS400 stock had a 650CCA battery, if nothing but lights maybe 400-500? Do you need to start it in cold weather?

I wouldn't go any lower than 500 cca. The 1UZ is a V8 so it takes the starter a good strong current to turn it. I'm running a 1000 cca battery for my stereo and 3 electric fans plus 145 amp alternator anyway. :silly:

Thanks guys, no cold starting problems here in Western Australia. I only have a very small area for the battery so I will see what is available with around 4 - 500 CCA. I still have the big lexus alt to top the battery back up after starting anyway.

cheers

3 electric fans?? sheesh thats some cooling lol.

They're all 14" fans. I used to have 2 12" and 2 10" fans..LOL. The turbo system really heats up the engine so a dual 14" fans is good, but when I turn on the A/C, it gets overheated. The 3rd fan is only for the A/C condenser.

There's another place that sells small and powerful batteries here: http://www.jegs.com/p/Powermaster/795651/10002/-1

Ahh batteries ain't batteries anymore I think I one of those vertex style batteries should do the trick for me. nice and small too.

The enine starts on the first flick after all it's a 1uz.

Found a 850 cca dry cell battery about 6" cube. I think it was for a jet ski application 7kg and it spins over the engine real quick.

Found a 850 cca dry cell battery about 6" cube. I think it was for a jet ski application 7kg and it spins over the engine real quick.
I like dry cell batteries. You can store your car for awhile and it'll still start. I read some articles about the battery, and they say 1 of the reasons the liquid battery loses its charge if being stored is because the acid is accumulated at the bottom. This causes the top portion to have open circuit. The liquid battery needs to be shaken in order for the acid to spread out evenly.