What can I do

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

cfl mike

Alright im new to the lexus thing and some what to the turbo and supercharger world. Now ive been reading posts and i asked a similar question but i didnt quite understand stand the answers i was getting. I have a 1998 lexus sc400 vvt-i (someone told me you cant run turbos on a vvt engine? true?) and i was wondering would i just be able to slab on something like a t70 and run a bit of power through it? (impression i got from reading posts) If not where are some places i can buy needed parts like pistons, rods, cams, and etc.?

hey mike, welcome to the forum. first of all where in florida do you live? there are a few of us in the tampa/stpete area. im in clearwater.

anyhow as for boosting and VVTi there is no reason why you could not turbo or supercharge a veriable valve timing engine, in fact toyota has a few factory turbo engines that also have vvti for example the lastest version of the 1jz-gte and 2jz-gte motors have vvti
although the vvti is yet another thing to worry about when tuning your engine but its by no means a deal breaker check out honda Vtec engines with turbos or superchargers the comcepts are very similar and this is done all the time i only bring up the hondas becouse there are so many examples

i dont know many details about the car but there are a few videos of a nice sc430 that is twin turbo on youtube, maybe someone else can fill in some details about the cars setup.

Well what the other people were saying the reason you cant put a turbo on a vvt-i engine is that its not strong enough to handle the pressure and the non vvt engines were made out of a diffrent material. i didnt know if this was true? but how much boost you thing i can run though the engine then?

it is true that the later motors are not as strong as the older ones. 'wheres that pic of all the UZx rods' the early 1uz rods where way bigger then the late 1uz, 2uz, and 3uz rods so there is a little marit to what people where telling you although they where taking it to a bit of an extream you could safly put a low boost setup on the car without opening the motor. by low boost i mean around 10psi and if you havent modded many cars before you will be shocked at how much quicker it will be with 10psi, it really comes down to how much you want to spend.

you should really read arond on the site at some of the motor builds people are doing, there is some great stuff going on. lex is working on a 5.2L (i think) from a 2uz block that should be good for over 1000hp with boost.

yes i kn ow 10psi can proaably get me almost another 200hp (With proper setup) but is there like anything out there like new heads, pistons and etc. that i can buy for increased stregth?

yea a little but mostly just the forums but if you have stuff for cars like mine im willing to buy. I basicly wanted to redo my enigne before i put a turbo on so i could run good psi though it

lex has products from basic parts up to entire built engines that can make quad digit numbers. i would suggest switching to an 2uz (iron block) for anyhing in the 4 digit range.

well im trying to stay away from getting a new engine but how much more boost do you think i could run if i bought the whole roataing asembly? also btw does it come with cams?

and wanna run to almost 1000 hp or as close as i can get to it and still be able to dirve it on street and use like 93 octane gas