What can I DELETE??

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Whitsonmetalworks

Have a 92 1UZ to swap into an Izusu trooper. I'm in Florida with zero cause to use any of the emissions stuff and I'll be using the Isuzu manual transmission. One thing that struck me when pulling the engine from the sc400 was how much crap was bolted to it! Modules here, modules for this, plugs and hoses and sensors everywhere! I will be deleting the trac and welding the TB smooth where it was. Surely, there's got to be other things I can remove, holes I can weld up, just generally clean this top end up some. Unfortunately, I'll likely be using the factory ECU so I may be stuck leaving some things in place?? Any help is appreciated.

Oh absolutely. I'll be welding up anything to do with that for sure. Curious about all these vacuum ports as well since I really only have the brake booster to run from vacuum...

What would be the benefit of removing the vacuum hoses?

In the past it hasn't produced any horsepower and most likely would affect drivability.

It may look better but no performance gain.

Good video about all the cooling lines:

And I think this is the good video about the vacuum solenoids.

Spend a few more hours watching his videos. There's a TON of information there.

I assume that engine is the same as my '94 SC400. I don't know if there was the California option in '92 that had the electronic EGR valve (49 state is a vacuum actuated valve), but if you have that, I think your job will be a bit more difficult.

Everything has a purpose, and not just emissions. There's a VSV for the fuel pressure regulator, there's a purge valve for the canister (catches and burns the fuel vapor as the tank vents), vacuum switch on the power steering pump to bump the idle up while the steering is loaded up. EGR has pros and cons, I generally leave it alone if it's not a problem, but on my 1UZ, I did delete it to get ride of some of the components and with my exhaust modification, the tube wouldn't have fit anyway.

I'll remove anything that won't be used as far as vacuum goes. And I have a feeling there's a few things that can be trashed. Would rather not have a bunch of plugged hoses to dry rot and leak. Won't need ac, just power steering and the alternator. Zero emissions. Still debating springing for a megasquirt setup but every time I delve into reviews I find a post on this forum about how easy the factory ECU is to get running lol. I like that guy, have watched a lot of his videos.