walbro 190lph TOO SMALL?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

spf_lexus

Putting my blower back on next week and wanted a slightly higher than oem pump. I am running 7psi and was under the impression the 250lph is too much. I ordered the 190lph and just got it in the mail. I did some research and I guess it supports ONLY up to 240rwhp. I have 300rwhp and thought... crap its too small? I guess if the oem is setup for 179rwhp then this should be better? I suppose by that rationale I am upgrading my ceiling by 60rwhp... is this true?

i have a walbro 255 on my supra with an na 1uz, what ever extra fuel it pumps just loops back to the tank so its not really an issue. if you plan to do any more mods to the car there by needing more fuel, what is perfect now will be too small later on. so keep that in mind.

Thanks Jake... i was under the impression that if a pump thats too large is used it will cause a rich idle. And I plan on staying right where i am for a while. What do you think about this over oem? this flows 65rwhp more than oem and it is stated 8psi or so is max on oem... 7psi for me.

Tell me if this description sounds like a worn out fuel pump:

-I have great acceleration if I floor it, if I want to cruise the car won't let me take it over 2k w/o the car struggling. I must add that it's faultless ONLY when i am flooring it, or maxing the pump, any less than full pedal gives massive hiccups.

I assumed it was a pump but after more tinkering if i adjust my TPS it throws off the hiccups but does not make a major improvement, hiccups still there but slightly less easy to arouse. If I am on a flat part of freeway I can cruise at 65mph but if i hit a hill the same speed is very card to keep w/o the car slamming. I was thinking i might have a bad combination between TPS + tranny cable + throttle cable.

Do these engines have air meters??[Edit YES ] If you are runing an oil type filter as in K&N if engine has hot wire air meter ? They may require cleaning.
If the fuel reg is big enough and doing its job?? A 255 is quite o/k to use..
Double check all vacuum lines ..
Spark plugs and leads etc ??
Has ignition timing changed latley ..
I would have thought a faulty fuel pump would have issues at wot where more fuel is used ??
Check vac hose to fuel reg ?? If its out or leaking it may give you rich at cruise ??

As of right now I do NOT have a blower bolted up. Just good ol' NA for now. It did this b4 the blower was installed. I didn't complain about it too much because my freeway performance is effortless anyway so I rarely needed to take it over 2000rpm but if part throttled the car would jump for a second until it sorted itself out. Now it seems worse w/o the blower and more and more im thinking it's bad tuning. I have played with my TPS and have moved the spots where my tranny + TB cable bolt up. Could this be an issue? I tightened my accelerator cable and it made the car easier to drive, thats why I think it's just a tuning issue. The only way to describe the feeling is on a TRAC equipped car. When you loose traction the whole car cuts fuel and this is exacatly what it feels like.

As for filters I have an un-oiled. I hate oiling filters because it trashes the MAF. My dad's blown tacoma gets check engine codes the day after oiling EVERY time. He went thru 2 MAF's because of it, oil messing up the sensor. I don't even rock a filter w/ the blower. I just t-bolted a fine metal screen that won't suck rocks. last thing I need is a road grenade.

Been real busy w/ school so i tweak it here and there. So far it's rally close but I just eliminated SOME of the hesitation. the more i mess with it the closer i get. I took all the slack out of the accelerator cable and that seemed to tighten everything up a bit, it had some play. Th transmission cable and TPS have both been taken off so many times i have no way to get back to spec so it's trial and error. Now the transmission cable + TPS need a small massage but i think i'll sort it out, at least i have a better fuel pump when the blower gets thrown back on lol

190 lph fuel pump is not capable for the power you're looking at. I don't believe in 190 lph pump. For boosted car, 255 lph is the start, and not the end. Some people run dual 255 fuel pumps when running more than 500 rwhp and more. The car runs rich when the fuel injectors have more pulses/ms for a given set up of fuel psi.

Steve, I realize I should have opted for the 255LPH. Do you know what stock is? I realize that oem will baerly cut it.. but it works. My question is, is this pump slightly higher flowing than oem? if so than i'll run this one until i get smaller pulley for 8-9psi then buy the 255.