Wahoo! 1uz in...1st gen Celica???

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Well a slight change in plans, slight. Still not doin any work on the car til like April or May though cause of climate.

Some good news---I took some shitty measurements and I dont think I will have any problem at all dropping the motor in. The 20R in it is a rear sump, as the 1UZ I have is. I think it will clear it fine with little or no trimming at all. Width and length are no problem. Height...I dunno lol.

The big change---I was ganna use my Tacomas A340E tranny cause of the bolt-on simplicity (to the engine...). But after I got the bellhousing I decided to go manual lol. So I went to the wrecking yard---1/2 off day. Pulled a Celica-Supra W58 out. Pretty clean tranny, has 148k miles. Oil was clean, still looked like oil; also go the tranny mount+crossmember (small as hell for a crossmember). Oh and I also took the tranny side of the 2-piece driveshaft. All for 120 bucks. Has a sweet polished shifter that looks like it would take 8.5 tons to shear it.

But this is the excellent thing--My celica has some W series tranny in it, think it is a W50, partial steel case but gears arent as good in terms of ratios and strength. The W58 is a straight bolt-in operation to the car. I just need to make a adapter plate and get a better clutch.

It is? I didnt pay that much attention, it's damn big though. Hardcore is the way I like it. heh

Yeah earlier I was ganna take some measurements on the bellhousing but lost the damn ruler. They were only to do something and get a rough idea in CAD.

Anyhow I need to buy a 18" measuring caliper.