VVT heads on non VVT

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I think many who would opt to use vvti with custom cams would probably not be anywhere near 280 degrees duration. IMO, if I have the opportunity to do this, I'm thinking more in the 255-265 degree duration range. I have not done the math, but hopefully it still makes sense to exploit vvti.

You are in a lose/lose situation, seems to be worse in turbo applications.

Quoted from you!

And who said anything about running 280 degree cams, you just pulled that number out of thin air. Also getting some cams like that would be tough because they don't exist. I wouldn't run that large even on non-vvti.

Quoted from you!

And who said anything about running 280 degree cams, you just pulled that number out of thin air. Also getting some cams like that would be tough because they don't exist. I wouldn't run that large even on non-vvti.

I said running 280 degree or larger cams starts to put VVT in a lose/lose situation and it is worse with a turbo installation.

You may not run cams that large but other people do. Cams that large or larger are readily available.
I have some 330 degree cams if you would like some. They do exist.

Don't try and twist what I said to something I did not say.

Erol

Yup, sure have Lex. That's what i am currently working out....anything can be done if you throw enough money at the prob so just making sure it's worth doing this mod rather than just port the non VVTi heads.

RMS is confident is can be done but what's easy for him might not be for the rest of us mere mortals :) Seeing i have the forgies to match i really do want to use the VVTi heads so hopefully i can make it work.

Justen,
I am about to weld an oil pressure takeoff to the gallery in the 'V'. I am sure you could weld fittings to the gallery in the heads.

See what i mean Lex ;)

That's good news Erol. A bit swamped at present but when i get around to the dummy fit i'll be begging some favours for sure.

Speaking of favours, know anything about roller rockers in a 308....mine sound like they need a bit of adjusting now the engine is run it?

Hi they do fit bolt on. Just plug the vvti oil supplyfrom the bottom with a m10x1. 5 grub screw. Then drill a hole for an external oil supply from either your sender unit oil supply or from the heads oil supply. The steering pump needs to be the vvti pump. Intake also.

Another question. I have vvti blocks and non vvt heads ive plugged the block up but i need to know how mutch I need to take off the piston to get it to turn. Willing to swop my vvti block for a standard block. 0798316317

Ive got some pics of a guy that has used 5s 2.2 camery pistons on a non vvt block to turbo it. Std block u use. 050 pistons from the 5s motor

Attachments

• IMG-20200528-WA0010.jpg
    IMG-20200528-WA0010.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG-20200528-WA0011.jpg
    IMG-20200528-WA0011.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG-20200526-WA0014.jpg
    IMG-20200526-WA0014.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 6