Vexing A341E Problem - Ideas?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

brenattama

Hi fellas, have been doing some searching so help me out if this has been covered before....

situation is as follows...

When Cold. Shifts perfectly, smooth, barely detectable.
5-10 minutes after starting starts shifting 1-4th (3rd?) seems as though it goes from first to 4th locked... Will not kick down except to first. shifts to 3rd(?) if shifter is put in 2.... O/D switch does not alter at all, neither does sport/econ switch.....
15-20 minutes after start, back to shifting seamlessly, 1,2,3,4 then locking up smooth as silk.

Turn the car off, back to period of purgatory shifting on start up until a little later it will be back to seamless shifting...

Yes I get a trans fault flash from the "o/d off" light flashing at me on occasion but it will flash for a short while during the 1-4 shift period, then self cancel without turning the ignition off...

Trans Fluids changed and service complete with flush done 4k ago, fluids are colour perfect.

My read on this is that i cant be solenoids at fault as they would either be working or not? Scanning posts on here seems to indicate that it could perhaps be an O2 sensor fault? If so is there a pair it is more/less likely to be? sub O2 sensors or main O2 sensors?

I havent checked what trans fault codes are occuring but was going in to have the codes checked at the dealership... I dont really have enough information for myself to be able to diagnose these..... unless someone has a list of trans fault codes and how to dig them out of the LS....

Long post, but maybe someone has some ideas?

Cheers
Bren

hi,, if i were to guess, id say that the solonoids are acting up.. ive seen solonoids nto work properly.. the problem is that if it is a momentary problem-on-off,, it may be difficult to catch.. but like you said, id check the codes first..

Check the wires that are in the left trunk hinge. Untape the harness on either side of the BEND area. Sometimes the wires will break from years of bending and will backfeed into the ECU.