Valve Hydraulic Control

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

V8Surf

Hi,
I am building a 1UZFE powered Hilux and am in the process of plumbing and connecting everything at the moment.
I can't figure out what a thing is on the front (to the right of center at the belt end of the motor). It says on it "Valve Hydraulic Control" and has a 2 pin connector plug for electrics to it.
Also in the same area are two pipes that look like they had oil in them? Are these related to the above valve? If so where do I plumb them to?

I believe the motor is from a 1999 Soarer, so possibly it is all for VVTi? If it is for the VVTi then do I need to use it? (I am running it with a Link ECU) Or will it run ok without??

Hope I'm not asking stupid questions??

Cheers,
Graeme

Thanks for that. DO I need to do anything with the oil lines? Or can I just leave them idsconnected and not harm anything?

Cheers,

Graeme

You can open the pump up and remove the guts of it (no special tools needed, it just all falls out). Remove outlet pipe and the solenoid, find two threaded plugs that fit (I took my pump to a local auto parts store and found two sump plugs that fitted). For the inlet pipe (larger pipe) i used a rubber fitting that normally is used to block coolant lines, it may perish after a few years though.

Fit one plug and the rubber fitting, but before fitting the other threaded plug fill the pump with as much engine oil (or some other thin oil) as u can get in it.

Mine has been like this for 15,000km without a problem.