UZFE to GM Transmissions adaptor Plate

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
turboandrew said:
I stated philosophy, not budget. You can do your best to engineer a safe and well designed project and still keep it within a reasonable budget. Not using dowel pins is just irresponsible. But anyway, do what you want.
Hey, I was asking about alignment and discussing the problems of being out even a couple thousandths already. OTOH, it's a used engine and saying you want perfection becasu Toyota was looking for it ignores thae fact that not everyone here is interested in spending silly amounts of money to simply make their car run. Using the "pilosophy" that since toyota spent millions on development, so we should strive for the same levels of perfection is what makes the hobby expensive, and often keeps things from actually getting accomplished.

Sometimes it's better to p[ut the car together, drive it, and work out any bugs that might arise, than to spend silly money and years of time trying to over-analyze theorietical bugs and never actually get to drive the car. This goes to the argument of "proven parts."

And somewhere in the middle is an intelligent compromise.

I'm sure Gottlieb Daimler used a bit of suck-it-and-see when he built the first car.

I'm a bit of a fan of trying ideas from outside the square.

ChrisV said:
Hey, I was asking about alignment and discussing the problems of being out even a couple thousandths already. OTOH, it's a used engine and saying you want perfection becasu Toyota was looking for it ignores thae fact that not everyone here is interested in spending silly amounts of money to simply make their car run. Using the "pilosophy" that since toyota spent millions on development, so we should strive for the same levels of perfection is what makes the hobby expensive, and often keeps things from actually getting accomplished.

Sometimes it's better to p[ut the car together, drive it, and work out any bugs that might arise, than to spend silly money and years of time trying to over-analyze theorietical bugs and never actually get to drive the car. This goes to the argument of "proven parts."

And somewhere in the middle is an intelligent compromise.

You can put the car together half-***ed and drive it around until something no longer works corrrectly or fails all together, and you're back at square one. Some would rather do it right the first time. As TurboAndrew said, it does not take mountains of cash to make a part that FITS and WORKS properly. It does not have to be carbon fiber or titanium.
Something as important as drivetrain allignment should not be handled by half-hearted parts put together in your garage to save money. It will just create more problems and cost you more money down the road.

JDMfantasy said:
You can put the car together half-***ed and drive it around until something no longer works corrrectly or fails all together, and you're back at square one.
To put this in perspective: I built a V8 RX7 back in '93 in my carport over a 2 week period. I built the mounts from steel stock for $20, made the eelectricals work, and drove the car for 5 years, at a total cost of under $2500 to do the conversion. One of the RX7 Club members has been working on his cost-no-object V8 conversion for the last 5 years and has yet to run under it's own power. It may never, because there's always some new trick part to fabricate or some more ultimate perfect benchmark to meet.

Sometimes you just DO it. It's how hot rodders have made things work for decades.

484414b.jpg

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/adesso/rex1.wmv

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/adesso/rex3.wmv

I'm not talking about slapping it together and driving it until it falls apart. that's neglect. I'm talking about putting it together, and driving it noting what issues are there and correcting them as they arise. There's a HUGE difference. In my case, I had to change radiators due to cooling issues. But that was a couple weeks into it. 5 years later it was sitll fine.

Something as important as drivetrain allignment should not be handled by half-hearted parts put together in your garage to save money. It will just create more problems and cost you more money down the road.
Again (and I don't know why I have to say this TWICE) *I* was the first in the thread to ask about alignment problems from seeing the vibration from misalignment be a problem in the past due to just that reason (eyeballing the alignment).

Sheesh!

lol!

In the post I responded to it seemed as if you were ok with using "so-so-ish" parts in order to get the car "driving," knowing all to well that they would eventualy fail, which I can see is not where you were going. I'm all for making my own parts...motor mounts, intake manifolds and so on, but certain parts just need a level of precision that a drill bit and hammer can't give you.

In my case, the adapter plate is pretty much the only thing we wont be making with out two hands....so, I'm right with you. Didn't mean to come of harsh.:veryhappy