uz throttle body info

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

CassMori

Hi guys, I'm kinda new to all of the Toyota v8 stuff, so please don't treat me too harshly :)
I'm looking for info on the uz throttle bodies, specifically bolt pattern, rotation of butterfly, and type of TPS used. The reason is, I am working on a front facing intake for my 7M-GTE, using the 2jz-GTE upper intake as a starting point. I have the 2jz tb, and 2 different versions of the 7m tb. The best fit, as far as rotaion of butterfly & TPS seems to be the Infinity q45 tb, but needs to have an adaper or new mount flange to fit the intake (plus, it is a little to large for my current mods). The 2j tb butterfly rotates the wrong way, preventing me from using a 7m TPS (the 2j TPS will not work with the ecu/harness in my car).
It has been suggested to me to use a tb from a 1uz, so I have been looking for info on the entire uz series throttle bodies, and have not found what I'm looking for. If any of you have any info/pics/links that would help, it would be most appreciated!

I can take some pics. There are two versions of TB produced for the 1uz. One have traction control and on doesnt. The TB with two TPS has traction control and the other TB with one TPS doesnt have traction control. The butterfly open upward is all i can tell you. Its a single butterfly rotated up and down position.

The TB is mounted with 4 10mm bolts (need to find the mounting demensions). TPSs are compartible with Toyota Camry.

Does it open upward when looking from the front, or from the back? If it is from the front, it's the same as the 2jz rotation. But, if the TPS is compatible with my ecu & harness, that shouldn't be a problem. I'll check on the Camry, see how thier TPS interacts with the Supra electronics.
What is the break year for the non trac TB? I don't really care if it has it or not, I won't be using it, but If I can get one without, would be less machine work.

Thanks for the reply!

It opens upward from the front. The TPS plug should be the same, just make sure the 2JZ has the same ohm compatibility. Not break in year, both were produce at the same time. Traction Control was an opinion. How can you tell if it has traction control? Two TPS vs. One TPS.

hmmm, that sounds almost identical to the 2j setup (it also has the trac control, and opens upward when viewed from the front). It is still under debate on how well the 2jz TPS will work with the MK3 Supra electronics, though; the ohms are different, but may work with the ecu. I kind of suspected that the uz series would use the same TPS.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 552
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 547
  • bottom view.JPG
    bottom view.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 255
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 535
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 525
That was perfect! I checked the TPS specs against the TSRM for the MK3 Supra, and they are identical! same pinout, same resistances, except for vc-e2, ours is 4.25-8.25 kOhms! Are all 1uz throttle bodies the same (other than the trac control, of course), ie, do they all use the same TPS? Much thanks!