Using red brake pads on SC400...Pics..

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
...Something is a miss??????????

Yup... sounds like your expecting miracles.
Dust and squealing is the price you pay for having high performance pads.
Either get used to it, or install bigger/better calipers & rotors so you can run softer (everyday) pads but have the same braking performance.

BTW, there are different versions of EBC pads.
Ie, the latest Red Ceramics are version 4 i think.
The older Red's have a very bad reputation, where the newer version has a good rep.

Brake pads are always a religious topic. Sorta like oil, brake fluid, etc.

FWIW, I've used Porterfield R4S pads for years and have found them to be a great pad. They stop very well, and don't produce "that" much dust. They do squeal a bit now & then, when the weather is really dry. They're also rotor friendly, not like some aggressive metal compound pads that may stop well, but will chew up your rotors.

A trick to minimise the brake dust is to first clean the wheels really well, then spray them with RainX compound. This keeps them cleaner between washes as the brake dust doesn't stick to it.

Yeah, I've used all the brands of brake pads thru out the years, from the cheapest to the most expensive...Some give off alot brake dust and others do not.. Some create more brake noise then others.. Etc...

MVP - regarding the red EBC pads I don't know what version I used, but based on the low price I paid on Ebay it is probably their older version pads...That kinda explains it...

Now, I've only used the OEM pads for the last 4 or 5 years, combined with the anti squeek liquid that is only sold at the dealer and you apply it to the actual pad face... Those times the brakes never sqeaked once, and hardly omitted any brake dust...To me that really is the best combination in my mind, really I mean no noise at all, long lasting, and very little brake dust... All dealer recommended and used stuff... Toyota/Lexus does it right as I am conviced... I tried something new this time just to see if I could get that red look and save a few bucks. I used the EBC's on the rears and anti-squeek grease that you apply on the back of the pads.... I used the anti brake grease on the OEM pads too, and now they squeel a bit.......In conclusion I must say it was a bad move if your looking for 100% profection, lesson learned....

Sticking with OEM brake pads in the future... End of story...

Cribbj - Thanks for the heads up on the RainX as I will try that....

Actually, I think the OEM pads are not the best. That depends on what materials the pads are made. The OEM pads are usually made of compound organic, which are softer and low dust. Good aftermarket compound organic pads can be as good as the OEM for sure and cheaper. However, many aftermarkets are semi-metallic and they're more likely to make noise and give out black dust. Good semi-metallic can be quiet and low dust. Ceramic pads can give low dust and bite really good without fading. These pads can be quiet without the squeak. The only downsize is they can have a grinding noise when the pads try to hold the rotor. But the squeak from the pad backing or between the pads & rotors shouldn't be present.

For normal driving, the compound organic pads are ok, but if you race at high speed with braking or in heavy traffic, they don't stop as good as hi-end semi-metallic. I don't mean cheap semi-metallic. Ceramic pads are the best for high speed driving. Some semi-metallic pads are also capable for racing.

Organic pads usually have light brown & grey have color. The semi-metallic pads have black & grey color. The black dust is from this metallic black. The ceramic pads have grey color.

The red pads that you have might not be EBC. They might just be painted red. EBC is a good brand and their pads aren't cheap. However, EBC has some types of pads for different types of driving.

I currently use the Beck/Antley (made in Canada) compound organic pads on my 4x4 Tacoma (4000 lbs truck) and the Camy and they're just so good like OEM. If you want, I can get them for really cheap for your SC.

Hey Steve if money was no object then what would be the highest quality, low dust pads for a heavy LS? I used to get 10,000-15,000 on the oem fronts... with supra TT's this is going to be my 1st refresh and its been well over 30,000. Pretty sure I bought ceramics last time but dont know brand. I just want quiet low dust (dont need 95% less dust or anything just dont want messy pads) that will still slow me down from 120+ for the every-no-and-then freeway pull.

I dont want race pads since they squeal and I drive mine every day. Also I plan on doing rears too... should i get drilled rotors? I converted to 95 conversion for rears so i honestly dont have a single piece of my OEM brake system excpet for master cylinder. Figured the more bite the better.... 4000lb needs more bite than most.

Steve you said you have a tacoma? Was that yours that day i saw a green 4x4 over at David's? Just curious but what do you think of the 4piston blocks that come stock? They are grabby!! man I love the feel of those stock tacoma brakes... and I seriously doubt the truck is 4000lb, brakes work waaay to well lol.

Steve, I agree with everything you said...

Ok these pads on my car are definetely EBC's and they do give off serious brake dust, and they also have a loud grinding noise on the rotors when braking... These are probably top performance EBC pads from what I can tell by the boxing and packaging... I can see the rotors are taking a beating too visably.. This indicates they are very high performance brake pads that are digging into the rotors to achieve maximum stopping power which I had thought they were.. I really hope they don't trash my rotors over time..

The OEM pads may be organic based like you said and they don't grind at all on the rotors and probably don't stop as well as the EBC's either.. For city driving and luxury the OEM are the pads to use... If your all about racing and stopping as fast as possible the EBC pads I would say are the way to go...

I've never experienced true high performance brake pads like these, and that is why I gave them a go and started this thread...Trying is learning.. I don't perticularly like them personally for what I use the car for but I can really tell they are performing well even just being on the rear of the car... Like most mods it's a give and a take as far as I can see...

I think in this case, my opinion will differ. I'd like the ceramic pads very much. I'm willing to give up the quietness for the performance. I"m using Monroe ceramics with 95 LS calipers. The Monroe pads give very little dust, doesn't squeak, but it does have the grinding noise.

Shawn,

I'm not sure if you're currently running the Supra TT's calipers or still using the pre 95 calipers, let me know if you look for low dust, pretty good bite 93-94 LS pads or 92-00 SC pads. Yes. You're right. My Tac is the green one. It has huge 4 piston calipers and rotors and it stops a lot better than my SC with swapped LS 4 piston calipers. Where I got the weight of 4000 lbs is from what I remember that I read somewhere before. I'm not 100% sure. I also remember the spec said it's about 200 lbs heavier than the 4x2, so that's why it's around 4000 lbs.

John,

I never used the EBC so I don't know about them. My Monroe ceramics are friendly on the rotors (Brembo with D/S by a local brake machine shop). I remember some people on the www.planetsoarer.com use the green EBC and they have good comments about it.

EBC Greens are ok... they are nothing special.
They are good for fast road use, but definitely no good for track work (go red or yellow).

Green's also gum up quite a bit, so you cant use them with slotted rotors.