Upgrade 7psi to 12psi - M90 anybody ?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

iaksa

Just want to find if somebody done this conversation from 7psi to 12psi – using M90.
I am trying to find anything on this forum about converting Richwood kit, from 7psi to 12psi, but no too many info on it, or I just can not find it. I read about changing crank pulley, supra injectors 315cc, and piggyback/standalone ECU. Contacted Andrew@ Richwood and he confirm that he can make a pulley (a year ago), with note that is not harmonic pulley like stock (I am not expert, so how big problem is that ?). Also, I know there is problem with clearance, so some accessories must be removed, belt rerouted etc. I am having already smallest s/c pulley, currently running 7psi. So, if I change crank pulley, do I need different belt, if yes what size?, What accessories to removed ? What piggy back or standalone ECU ? ...
If anybody done this setup PLEASE share info, I am very interested, if not, I am not expert to be first one. Is there any other options without changing S/C (I have a coated brand new M90, no noise at all -like the old one).

Iaksa

I haven't seen anyone boosting the M90 over 9 psi. There're several reasons they didn't do that. First is the M90 is shy on that higher boost. I don't remember who, but I think someone tried to increase the boost, but the hp didn't gain that much due to its size and effciency. The second reason is it creates so much heat without the intercooler so they stop at 7-9 psi. Actually, I think someone already maxxed out at 10 psi. You may key-search and hopefully something will come up.

Thanks stevechumo for your advice. I think you are right, if nobody go over 9-10psi, probably there is a reason. Just change my summer tires 245/275 to 225/225 and I see a diferece, my coated brand new M90 making 8psi. So, if I go over 8psi I will go with different SC.

Thanks again
Iaksa