Unhappy

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Hehehe, and he's getting even.... What a great way to reach all the hotrodders and I hope he survives the legal boomerang of doing this.

It is unfortunate that there are so many, many companies and people in the Auto Modding business that not only do not deserve to be selling products or providing services, but that they have no character or integrity at all. They simply sell crap, and take anybody's money for it. I too, have been bamboozled and lost quite a bit of money from these sheisters.

Ryan

Don't think for a moment the 1UZ industry is all above board either.

I've been dissapointed more times than I like to recall over my two engine builds.

I know somebody that bought a dizzy from the sellers in the ebay "thread" and the shaft was bent and totally unusable, they sent out a new one and the shaft bushings had 1mm of play. He junked it as a bad job and bought one from Summit US in the end. I have sent him the link to join the que.

Bit tip, don't ever buy a boat there are even more sharks and slime in the un regulated marine industry.

yep same here ..
Here's a roller rocker off / for a push rod Ford..
There was only $50 difference between these and good quality Harland Sharp rockers.. Only trouble is I paid twice!! Live and learn !!!
Thank goodness I installed a magnet and screen in heads oil return !!
To prevent any contamination from valve gear..
Brokenrocker.jpg

They copy MSD products etc also..

Don't think for a moment the 1UZ industry is all above board either.

I've been dissapointed more times than I like to recall over my two engine builds.

Agreed. I was referring to the whole industry, not any particular company or country.

Ryan

Last edited:
That sucks, even the magazine that promoted it should at least be asked some serious questions, or maybe display that it was entirely an advertising feature.

I didn't even get a chance to see it... but in an industry like this i can only imagine that there are a good portion of people who are dishonest; conversely i've had nothing but luck since i started working on my 1UZ... again flip side this is the first time i haven't gone for a new or at least almost new car

Here you go lucky I sent email...
They removed it I guess.. Due to ebay loosing half there adds??

Some question and answers from the ebay add

First page of messages:

Question & Answer Answered On
Q: That is gold!! Well done!! Real sorry to hear about your dealings with that bunch but we were also shafted by them big time. We bought heads, ignition and numerous other things. It's all crap, just like their service!! We are still out of pocket for money they owe us but now (surprise, surprise) they won't even answer our calls. Fortunately we were able to afford to go all COME gear now and couldn't be happier but like you, we learnt the hard way!! 29-Dec-09
A: Hi I got the run around off them, I was dealing with 1 guy but after a couple of calls he was always out of the office and was told by any one else there that he was dealing with it and they would get him to call me back. It never happend. Glad you wrote in, these are the reply's that make other people realise this aint a one off or just crap. Cheers thanks for the support.
Q: i bought one of the pro comp dizzys of ebay and they dont fit straight in!...the top of the dizzy is too large in diameter and fouls on the manifold so thats never got used it sits in its box in the shed still. im not going to grind my harrop manifold for a piece of dizzy. 29-Dec-09
A: Hi Yea grind a $900 manifold to get a dissy in that either wont work or stuffs up in 2 weeks. There answer to guide plates that dont line up is to cut them, line them up then weld them together again. Cheers, good to hear from you.
Q: Hey mate - love your work! May I suggest you also hassle Street Machine and try and get them to follow up on these fools - can't be good for them to be associated with such a shonky operation that rips off their readers. Good Luck with it all - hope you get back on the strip soon! 29-Dec-09
A: Hi, Already been on to street machine, did it straight after I advertised here, no response as yet. Ill get back on the strip, but its stuffed my championship for the year, major reason for this add. Cheers thanks for your support.
Q: good work mate i got a pair of clevo alloy rocket covers from them procomp and would not stop leaking oil put 3 sets of gaskets and a rubber set on they are 29-Dec-09
A: Hi, I put a pair of those on the missus 351, didnt leak thou, must of got lucky there. There a quality thou lumps and bumps every where, poorley made and polished not what I was expecting. Cheers thanks for the support.
Q: Good on ya mate have seen there chev ford and holden gear what a joke i cannot beleive ebay still allows them to trade every rod ihave seen has the wrong clearance on the big and little end the cranks are just wild don't even come close to miching up or balancing the heads are all over the place 16 different seat heights there soft nothing lines up they make woefull power ther flow figures are wrong they stole a well known aussie's hard erned r&d by copying his manifolds i have seen flow comparisons on therer manifolds up to 40 cfm!!! difference and the list goes on i hope this gets posted every where for you and i am very sorry to see your hard earned dollars got stollen by theives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 29-Dec-09
A: Hi this has made quiet a posts all over the place, Im real suprised and happy with all the attention its getting. I have there crap manifold as well with the torque ground off, I was discusted when I read on the torque power web site and realised I had brought a plain rip off of there manifold. My heads are the same, seat heights all over the place, in fact every thing you say is true for my kit as well. There just a pack of dogs. Cheers thanks for the support.
Q: Hi, Sorry to hear about your bad luck. My husband & i almost p****d ourselves laughing when reading your description (sorry). You shouldn't feel special though,We built a drag car & used an engine builder we found on ebay & after 2 years of drama & thousands of $$$$ we found out the engine was 200hp shy of what his dyno showed us,so just beware of engine builders on ebay!According to his feedback & any internet site you read he is suppose to be the best. Good luck & stick with it..DONT BACK DOWN 29-Dec-09
A: Hi, I dindt buy my stuff off Ebay, I brought over the phone fron SSS, But this is such a good way to let them know Im not happy and to let other know to stay the hell away from them. Im going to stick with it for quiet a while and this isnt the only way I am going to get at them. Sorry to hear about your problems, 200hp is a lot to be missing, Its way to easy for them to get away with ripping people off. Cheers, thanks for your support.
Q: Hi mate im pretty sure they are using this name as well now direct_engine_parts. Alot of the stuff is the same as AT racing and some things are sold as procomp. Make sure you add this to your list. Cheers. 29-Dec-09
A: It looks that way, I sent him a message asking him why he would sell that and he defended it and reckons he uses it him self. cheers
Q: Ebay and paypal buyer protection are a load of . They are useless. I had a issue with a PS3 game i bought on ebay. I opened up a case and nothing was done to resolve it or to get a refund. All they care about is the seller as thats were they get their money from. Us the buyers are the number. On the other hand procomp as i was looking to buy some roller rockers for my 304 im building but not now. I will also help you keep an eye on them in the event they change names. Well done!!! 29-Dec-09
A: Hi my roller rockers aint broke YET. When they do I will list them if your interested in them , it will safe you all that work putting them on then taking them off again. It will be a easy, remove from packaging and toss in bin. LOL cheers mate thank for the support.
Q: hear nothing but bad things about procomp, surely there can't be that many people that are still willing to take the chance sorry about what happened to you to the guy if he reads it, do a search on eagle stuff a mate had a crank snap in 3 places just cruising on the highway 29-Dec-09
A: Hi If I had known theres no way i would have taken the chance. I only knew about them from reading street machine, they did a 450hp build up for a give away motor, They made them sound top stuff, Last time I buy that crap mag. Cheers.
Q: STICK IT RIGHT UP THEM!!!!! 29-Dec-09
A: Hi thanks for the support
Q: Good stuff mate, I also thought this was common knowledge... anyway, wish you had the counter in your ad, how many views has it had so far ? 29-Dec-09
A: Hi The only thing I knew about them was a street machine mag build up for a give away motor, they made them sound good, LIARS. I dont know how many views, cant find where it says that. I will keep looking cause I would like to know, First time selling. Ive had about 50 messages and there are 83 people watching. Cheers.
Q: hey mate so far we have had good luck with their dizzy's, my commodore is running 12s with one, but have had a fuel pump fail,inlet manifold for chev not fit even close, roller rockers s#%t themselves putting needle rollers through motor, and a mate bought a 355 stroker kit and his engine builder laughed at him as the block needed too much clearancing and wouldnt balance so he bought an scat kit which fit no dramas.... *******F*&*k PROCOMP**** 29-Dec-09
A: Hi The motor I was replacing with this has run 12.6 with there dissy and ignition. My machine shop shook there heads when I started taking all this stuff in for them to fix, they have had a lot of there come in the door. Cheers thanks for the support.
Q: hi if you wont to buy quality parts it cost money i only buy off rocket industries and i never have a problem with engine parts .i rather pay more than buy junk off sydney speed.good luck 29-Dec-09
A: Hi This is my first serious engine build, Ive built a 13.3 sec 308 a 12.6 sec 330 stroker and was look to go faster. I brought this crap on good faith after Street Machine did a 450 hp give away motor from the same parts, and raved about good quality and the proffesinal personal. Cash for comment I now believe. Cheers.
Q: EBAY should be dealing with these thieving . Funny how you need to only make a few complaint about some sellers and they get the boot but im SURE ebay makes so much money on advertising they dont give a SH%$#!T. Current Affair, Today Tonight or 1 of those degenerate programs may like to sink there teeth into this, you should give them a try. Goodluck and i hope something gets done abit this BS. 29-Dec-09
A: Hi they may be worth a try I got nothing to lose. Cheers.
Q: hi,each person that has had there fingers burnt by this seller should list there purchase the same as you have.daniel. 29-Dec-09
A: Hi I wish they would mate, Im hoping now I got the ball rolling I see a lot more listed. Come on people list ya broken Procomp stuff and stick it to them. Cheers.
Q: Don't bother wondering about why you don't get a response from your emails to Procomp USA- it's the US outlet for SSS products! 29-Dec-09
A: Hi I susspected that, I just want to make a lot of noise and make these know there are ways to get at them. Ive also contacted Federal Mogul the makers of speed pro and Felpo, as proconp try to sell there under brand names, may not come to much but if it pisses them off ill be happy. Cheers.
Q: I vaigly remember someone in the past say something about how crap pro comp is however that alone wouldnt have been enough to stop my cheap a** from buying it as I all too often like to learn the hard way. I'm feeling your pain and would prob go postal if all that happened to me so I think I'll learn from your experience and steer well clear from pro comp. its a shame these folk are still in business. 29-Dec-09
A: Hi Yes learn from my experience, I to was a cheap a** and thought I had got a good deal. cheers.
There's more if you want??
But you get the idea... Lol..

Last edited:
That eagle crank he's talking about was my machists 383 Holden stroker...
I was bought through another shop with Eagle and part numbers on it...
When he returned the crank they said how much are you runing through it?? He said about 500 h.p N.A .. They said no wander it broke!!
Seems it was a Pro Comp crank made in China with eagle cast into it with bodgy part numbers.. Seems this crank was swapped from a returned ligit crank bought from them..

BLOODY HELL !
no wonder people are pissed off.
Luckily im in the uk and have never heard of this company.
Its a shame that nothing will get done about these thieving bastards :(

Last edited by a moderator:
This was the description in the ad.

I have for sale some very low km's 355 stroker parts, less than 2000 ks. These parts have been replaced over several removal and tear downs of my motor.

Brought as a PROCOMP 355 stroker kit and head, manifold, cam kit from Sydney Speed supplies AKA at racing world.

First up is a wonderfull set of valve springs that went soft within 400 ks, next is a set of 7/16 screw in studs 1 is sheared off 2 are bent other than that they are in perfect condition.

I also have a set of big end and main bearings that I never used as the brand new crank needed grinding, It had a 1thou taper and was also barrelled from over polishing, This kit was ordered balanced for the cost of $250 extra and was so out of balance it shook the car severly at 2800 rpm, I thought the needles on my dash were going to shake off.

Up next is a set of pistons and rings, these items have about 1200 ks on them, the rings failed to seat and created a nice smoke haze behind me, they would suit a buyer looking for a unique look to there car SMOKE. 1 piston has a small crack, nothing to worry about as it is barely visible, the teflon coating (or as I call it paint) is worn off, this happened in 2 hours while running in the cam and tunning. These pistons have had 27 thou taken off them as they stuck out of a non decked block that far, they have also had the gudgeon holes honed to alinge them as the pin was very tight in these full floating pistons.

Next is a cam shaft, I was sold it as a solid but its either ground wrong or a hydraulic it is very noisy at the 22 thou clearence as on the cam card, A copy of a camtech cam with a camtech box and cam card. On talking to camtech they DONOT and will not have any thing to do with procomp. This badly made cam also damaged my valves where the collets seat so I also have these up for sale sizes are 2.02 inlet 1.6 exhaust.

OK this was the final straw that made me write this, I was putting the head back together after getting them back from the machine shop, seats cut and new valves, I put the valve stem seals on and realised I had to put the spring seat washers on before them. so i had to remove the seals. I PULLED UP ON THE SEAL TO REMOVE IT AND PULLED THE TOP CEAN OFF THE VALVE GUIDE NOT ONCE BUT TWICE. Im not quite sure whats going on there, either I have super human strenght or these items are super weak, Ill let you be the judge. So I am also selling these there seems to be at least 10 good ones.

By buying my items that are already broken you can save yourself the heart ache of buying off sydney speed AKA at racing world and you will know you are buying rubbish, better still just put the money in a pile in front of you and set it alight where at least you will get some thing usefull out of it, WARMTH

I also have other item from the kit that are just as useless as the rest please contact me if you are interested in any thing. LOL AS IF.

The buy now is a rough estimate of what I have spent to fix every thing so far, its getting close to the $4000 I payed for the kit in the first place, I could have brought a C.O.M.E 355 stroker and head kit for that. And they may have cared if I had a problem.

Last edited by a moderator: