Undoing the 1uz

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

1UZ-HZ

Howdy, I got my 1uz on an engine stand and now I'm gunna strip it down. Now before I go crazy with spanner and ratchets etc etc, I just wanna find out if any bolts are on a reverse thread. It's kind of embarrasing when you start screaming at a nut or bolt that wont come off until you turn it the right (left?) way!

The belt tensioner pulley bolt is reverse thread if I remember correctly.
[EDIT]The one that holds the pulley one, not the ones that hold the bracket to the motor[/EDIT]

But apart from that, I can't remember any.

And my power steering pump bolts were impossible to get off.
I rounded 2 of the bolts, and then gave up.

But yes, give the ex-mani bolts a spray of CRC/WD40 and leave to soak for a while.
They would have gone a bit rusty.

Oh, and when you take the intake manifold runners off, dont drop any bolt down inside the head, they would be difficult to remove to say the least.

Apart from that, just be careful.
Remember, its all aluminium

Thanks for the help guys, the only problems I've had so far is one of the exhaust nuts rounding off, the cam gear bolts almost stuck (I used a wheel brace to get it undone!) and now I'm up to the harmonic balancer which also seems to be stuck. Anyway I took my time getting the heads off and all I can say is that I'm impressed to see honing still on the bore(it has 127 000kms or about 80 000 miles) and the plugs are nice and clean. MAN I'M HAPPY....just gotta get that bloddy harmonic balancer off

wedge a screw driver in the flexplate teeth, then get a breaker bar, and a 1metre pipe extension, and push them against each other.
This is how I got my bolt off.
Then just use a puller to get the crank pulley off.

My cam gear bolts were hard aswell, I managed to get one off (I had to to get at something), but I rounded the other one trying, so I gave up.

Either Peewee method or try taking out the cam nuts with the timing belt on next time. The timing belt will hold the cam gear steady for you to loosen the nuts.

When trying to loosen nuts and bolts associated with the crank and other rotating parts think about welding/machining up a simple spacer that will fasten to a bellhousing mounting bolt (or two) and will mesh with the ring gear. This will stop the engine turning over and reduce your chances of burring nuts and bolts. I know it is easier to stick a screwdriver in the starter teeth but once made it is there for future use.

I have one for my engines and it only took a half hour to make.

Yer, or if your going to that extreme, weld up something to bolt onto the harmonic balancer, with a big handle on it, so you can use it with the engine back in the car.

Try a rattle gun on the cam and crank bolts. It makes life easy. I welded 2 old bolts on to a piece of 25mmRHS and use that to stop the harmonic balancer/ cams turning. But with a rattle gun, you won't need it to undo it.